To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Breast Health Patient Navigator Serves As A Consistent Care Coordinator Throughout The Breast Health Continuum Of Care Assessing The Physical, Psychological And Social Needs Of The Patient. This Role Addresses Both The Art And The Science Of Breast Health Care And Redefines The Patient Experience.
Responsibilities: 1. Completes Initial And On-Going Assessments Of Patient And Family Care Needs To Ensure Patient Care Is Delivered And Coordinated In A Timely Manner.
2. Collaborates And Coordinates Patient Care Across All Settings With All Health Care Providers, To Include Referrals Within And Outside Of Lm Network.
3. Develops And Delivers Educational Materials For Patients And Families On Diagnosis And Treatment Options. Develops And Delivers Education Programs For Community Outreach On Breast Health.
4. Ensures Standards, As Determined By The Tumor Board And The Breast Center Medical Director, In Accordance With Tjc, Napbc And The Commission On Cancer, Are Met.
5. Develops Policies And Procedures For The Breast Health Center.
6. Assists With Attaining And Maintaining Accreditation Or Certification Programs.
7. Streamlines Processes And Procedures Related To Access To Care; Facilitates And Identifies Disparities To Access To Care And Makes Appropriate Referrals.
8. Collects And Evaluates Data Related To Breast Cancer Population, In Order To Provide Information For Ongoing Quality Improvement.
9. Tracks Interventions And Outcomes While Monitoring And Assuring Documentation And Evaluation Of Care Are Completed.
10. Develops, Plans, And Facilitates Survivorship Care Plans.
11. Communicates And Supports The Hospital?S Mission, Vision And Values, As Well As Departmental Goals, To All Staff.
12. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
13. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
Bsn Required; Msn Preferred. Connecticut And Rhode Island Rn Licensure.
Minimum Of Three Years? Experience. Experience In Patient Navigation, Breast Health Centers/Oncology Preferred.
Rn And Ocn Required.
Excellent Written And Oral Communication Skills. Ability To Work Independently And Maintain Flexibility. Proficient In Ms Office Suite.
Navigator Certification (Ncbc) Required Or Within One Year.