To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Operate, Adjust And Maintain Boilers, Chiller Plant, H.V.A.C. Equipment, And Medical Gas Systems. Act As An Engineering Dept. Liaison In Communicating With The Hospital Staff. Receives And Responds To Service Calls For Maintenance And Repair. Makes Periodic Rounds Of The Facility And Engineering Spaces For Any Abnormal Conditions. Take Necessary Action To Restore Equipment Or System To Satisfactory Operating Condition. Keep Supervisor Inform Of Unusual Conditions. Completes Appropriate Records And Reports To Maintain Labor And History Files.
Responsibilities: 1. Completes Appropriate Reports And Maintains Daily Records Of Time Spent On Service Requests, Work Orders, Projects, Etc. Provides Information For Productions, Progress, Costs Records And Reports.
2. Operate And Maintain Automatic Transfer Switches And Emergency Power Generators.
3. Operate And Maintain Boiler Plant And Associated Support Systems
4. Operate Chiller Plant, Building Management, Pneumatic Tube System And Medical Gas Systems.
5. Make Emergency Repairs To Facility Equipment As Necessary.
6. Perform Minor Repairs, E.G. Light Bulbs, Clogged Drains, Hot & Cold Calls.
7. Perform Preventable Maintenance Tasks And Customer Work Order Requests.
8. Subject To "On-Call"/"Call-In" After Hours Requirements To Support Emergencies.
9. Read And Interpret Blue Prints.
10. Respond To Various Alarm Systems, E.G. Medical Gas, Boilers, Chiller Plant, And Generators, Take Appropriate Corrective Action.
11. Maintain Facility Operation Logs. Plant Operator Must Be Relieved By Oncoming Facility Operator Before Termination Of Shift.
12. Work With Outside Vendors And Agencies.
13. Coordinate Activities With Customers To Minimize Disruptions To Hospital Services.
14. Assist Other Trades As Required.
15. Demonstrates Knowledge Of Electrical, Fire And Environmental Safety Policies And Procedures As They Apply To The Work Environment.
16. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
17. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
High School Or Trade School Graduate
Two Years Of Practical Experience In Facility Operations
Ct Operating Stationary Engineer License (Oe-2)
The Above Statements Reflect The General Duties And Responsibilities Necessary To Describe The Principal Functions Of The Job, As Identified, And Shall Not Be Considered An Exhaustive List Of Job Responsibilities Which May Be Inherent In The Position. Responsibilities Are Subject To Change.