To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Organizes And Conducts Medically Prescribed Physical Therapy Programs In The Hospital To Restore Function And Prevent Disability Following Disease, Injury, Or Loss Of Body Part; Helps Patient Reach His/Her Maximum Performance And Assume A Place In Society While Learning To Live Within The Limits Of His/Her Capabilities.
Responsibilities: 1. Consistently Applies Therapeutic Principles And Practices.
2. Formulates Realistic And Appropriate Short And Long Term Goals.
3. Adapts Conventional Treatment Techniques To Meet Patient?S Needs.
4. Involves Patient/ Family In Program/ Treatment Decisions And Plans.
5. Terminates Treatment Appropriately And With Discharge Plans.
6. Shows Sensitivity To Cultural Backgrounds.
7. Maintains Timely And Accurate Documentation In Accordance With Department Policy.
8. Regularly Assess Needs For And Provides Patient/ Family With Educational Materials And Resources.
9. Actively Participates In Cqi/ Performance Improvement Initiatives; Including Inpatient Fim And Outpatient Lifeware.
10. Actively Participates In Departmental Student Program.
11. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
12. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
13. Takes Responsibility To Monitor Own Schedule And Follow-Up With Appropriate Staff As Needed.
14. Consistently Applies Orthopedic Principles And Assessment Techniques During Evaluation And Treatment.
15. Consistently Provides Patient With A Home Exercise Plan. Maintains Copies In Patient Chart With Updates As Appropriate. Clearly Documents Patient Compliance And Understanding Of Program.
16. Identify The Need For Splints And Utilize Appropriate Departmental Resources To Resolve Patient Needs In A Timely And Cost-Efficient Manner.
17. Identify The Need For Wound Care And Utilize Appropriate Departmental Resources To Resolve Patients Needs.
18. Demonstrates Understanding And Working Knowledge Of All Departmental Modalities.
19. Maintains Productivity At Departmental Standards.
Bs Or Ms In Physical Therapy
Previous Experience In Hospital Based Or Outpatient Facility Helpful..
By State Of Connecticut Division Of Medical Quality Assurance
The Above Statements Reflect The General Duties And Responsibilities Necessary To Describe The Principal Functions Of The Job, As Identified, And Shall Not Be Considered An Exhaustive List Of Job Responsibilities Which May Be Inherent In The Position. Responsibilities Are Subject To Change.