To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Performs A Variety Of Radiologic Procedures At A Technical Level; Assumes Responsibility For Designated Areas Or Procedures As Required. Rotates On-Call As Needed. Frequent Contact With Acutely Ill Patients; Exposure To Surgical Procedures, Body Fluids, And Radiation.
Responsibilities: 1. Must Be Mentally Flexible When Dealing With Coworkers, Students, Radiologists And Other Healthcare Workers.
2. Obtains And Assesses A Patient?S Pertinent Clinical Information.
3. Consistently Produces Diagnostic Quality Radiographs By Using Proper Technical Factors And Patient Positioning.
4. Facilitates Efficient Patient Flow.
5. Completes, In And Accurate And Timely Manner, All Patient Documentation. (I.E. Exam Charging, Patient Insurance, And Maintenance Of Day Log).
6. Shows Empathy And Compassion To Patients At All Times.
7. Operates All Equipment Properly And Efficiently, And Under Safe Radiation Guidelines.
8. Performs Venopuncture For Contrast Injections, And Can Assess Vital Signs As Needed.
9. Maintains Good Communication Amongst Team Members And Other Departments To Maximize Excellent Patient Care.
10. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
11. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
Must Be A High School Graduate Or Have A G.E.D; Satisfactorily Completed A Formal Radiologic Technology Program In An Ama Approved School And Meets Requirements For Registry By The Arrt.
Two (2) To Three (3) Months On The Job Experience Gained Through An Accredited Radiology Technology Program.
Must Hold A Current Connecticut State License In Radiologic Technology Or Obtain Licensure As Soon As They Become Registered. Must Be Licensed And Registered Within Six Months Of Date Of Hire.
Must Be A.R.R.T. Registered (R), Or Registry Eligible.
Four To Six Weeks Of Training Based Upon Previous Experience.