To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Works Under The Supervision Of The Manager. The Registered Nurse (Rn) Assesses, Plans, Implements, Evaluates And Supervises Individual Patient Care On A Nursing Unit/Department According To Unit Policies And Procedures. Provides Supervision Of Non-Rn Personnel On The Assigned Unit. When Assuming The Charge Role, Delegates And Supervises Unit Activities. May Be Required To Work In Other Departments, According To Distribution Of Staff And Patients. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Requested In Order To Maintain A High Level Of Service.
Responsibilities: 1. Assesses The Patient?S Physical And Psychosocial Condition On An Ongoing Basis Throughout The Continuum Of Care.
2. Develops, Communicates And Documents A Plan Of Care Reflecting Individualized Patient Problems And Interventions To Achieve Desired Outcomes, Involving The Patient, Family And Healthcare Team In This Process.
3. Implements And Coordinates This Plan Of Care In Collaboration With The Healthcare Team.
4. Evaluates The Effectiveness Of The Plan Of Care, Patient?S Response To Care, And Readiness For Discharge From In-Patient And Out-Patient Programs. Revises The Plan Of Care As Needed And Makes Referrals Where Indicated.
5. Plans For Education After Assessing The Individual Learning Needs And Readiness Of The Patient And Family. Provides Educational Opportunities And Documents Outcomes.
6. Functions As A Preceptor To New Staff.
7. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
8. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
9. Initiate Patient/Family Health Education As Related To Cad Risk Reduction/Prevention. Recognize The Need For/Initiate Multidisciplinary Approach In Meeting The Scope Of The Patient?S Needs.
10. Conducts Outpatient And Community Presentations On Cardio-Pulmonary Health.
11. Knowledge Of Arrhythmia Detection/Intervention And Basic 12 Lead Ecg Interpretation.
12. Demonstrates Ability To Conduct And Interpret Both Regular And Nuclear Ests And Tilt Table Studies.
13. Must Demonstrate Critical Thinking Skill And Self Direction In The Management Of Complications Associated With Exercise Or Cardiac Emergencies In Stress Testing.
14. Initiates/Modifies Plan Of Care/Exercise Prescription Based Upon Appropriate Understanding Of Hemodynamic Response To Exercise.
15. Must Participate In Transition Of Care Role To Include Documentation, Appropriate Intervention, Post-Pci Follow-Up Calls.
16. Cross-Trained To Perform Tee And Some Radiology Medication Procedures As Trained, Including Moderate Sedation.
17. Knowledge/Skill In The Operation Of All Stress And Tilt Equipment.
18. Perform Quality Improvement Activities Related To Primary Area Of Duties And Assist With Maintaining Statistics..
19. Maintain Inventory In Cardiology Stress Areas.
20. Provide Appropriate Documentation With Authorization For Services As Needed To Assure Reimbursement And Limit Non-Payment Of Services Rendered.
21. Establish And Maintain Iv.
Graduate Of An Accredited Bsn Program Preferred. Proficient In Use Of Computer Software To Include Electronic Patient Records. Must Have Ability To Use Internet For Literature Searches Regarding Care For Patients.
Two Years Recent Critical Care, Ccu Or Medical Step-Down Unit Required. Previous Stress Testing Preferred And/Or Cath Lab Experience.
Valid State Of Connecticut Registered Nurse License.
Acls And Bcls Required. Moderate Sedation Validation. Certification In Stress Testing Preferred.
Hospital And Unit-Based Orientation Provided