To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Works Under The Supervision Of The Nurse Manager/Clinical Coordinator. The Registered Nurse (Rn) Assesses, Plans, Implements, Evaluates And Supervises Individual Patient Care On A Nursing Unit/Department According To Unit Policies And Procedures. Provides Supervision Of Non-Rn Personnel On The Assigned Unit. When Assuming The Charge Role, Delegates And Supervises Unit Activities. May Be Requires To Work On Other Nursing Units According To Distribution Of Staff And Patients. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Requested In Order To Maintain A High Level Of Service.
Responsibilities: 1. Assesses The Patient?S Physical And Psychosocial Condition On An Ongoing Basis Throughout The Continuum Of Care.
2. Develops, Communicates And Documents A Plan Of Care Reflecting Individualized Patient Problems And Interventions To Achieve Desired Outcomes, Involving The Patient, Family And Healthcare Team In This Process.
3. Implements And Coordinates This Plan Of Care In Collaboration With The Healthcare Team.
4. Evaluates The Effectiveness Of The Plan Of Care, Patient?S Response To Care, And Readiness For Discharge. Revises The Plan Of Care As Needed And Makes Referrals Where Indicated.
5. Plans For Education After Assessing The Individual Learning Needs And Readiness Of The Patient And Family. Provides Educational Opportunities And Documents Outcomes.
6. Functions As A Preceptor To New Staff.
7. Functions As A Charge Nurse.
8. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
9. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
10. 1. Monitors Patient During Procedure As Per Policy.
11. 2. Demonstrates Knowledge Of Pulse Oximetry And Airway Management.
12. 3. Demonstrates Skills And Knowledge In Arrhythmia Interpretation And Appropriate Intervention.
13. 4. Demonstrates Knowledge Of Local Anesthesia And Iv Medication Including Maximum Dosage, Side Effects And Reversal Drugs.
14. 5. Demonstrates Knowledge Of Surgical Procedures And Assists Physician During Procedure.
15. 6. Insures All Necessary Instrumentation And Equipment Are In Working Order And Reorders Or Sends Out For Repair As Necessary.
16. 7. Demonstrates Application Of Principles Of Body Alignment In Positioning And Securing Patients.
17. 8. Demonstrates Principles Of Asepsis To Prevent Contamination And Cross Contamination Of Sterile Field.
18. 9. Implements Case Breakdown Procedure Insuring Minimal Downtime Between Cases And Adherence To Decontamination Procedures.
19. 10. Demonstrates Knowledge Of Different Pain Blocks And Monitors The Patient Accordingly.
Graduate Of An Accredited School Of Nursing; Bsn Preferred. Proficient In Use Of Computer Software To Include Electronic Patient Records. Must Have Ability To Use Internet For Literature Searches Regarding Care For Patients.
Two Years Acute Med-Surg Experience Preferred. Previous Operating Room Experience Preferred.
Valid State Of Connecticut Registered Nurse License
Hospital And Unit-Based Orientation Provided