To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Works Under The Supervision Of The Patient Care Manager/Clinical Coordinator. The Registered Nurse (Rn) Assesses, Plans, Implements, Evaluates And Supervises Individual Patient Care On A Nursing Unit/Department According To Unit Policies And Procedures. Provides Supervision Of Non-Rn Personnel On The Assigned Unit. When Assuming The Charge Role, Delegates And Supervises Unit Activities. May Be Requires To Work On Other Nursing Units According To Distribution Of Staff And Patients. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Requested In Order To Maintain A High Level Of Service.
Responsibilities: 1. Assesses The Patient?S Physical And Psychosocial Condition On An Ongoing Basis Throughout The Continuum Of Care.
2. Develops, Communicates And Documents A Plan Of Care Reflecting Individualized Patient Problems And Interventions To Achieve Desired Outcomes, Involving The Patient, Family And Healthcare Team In This Process.
3. Implements And Coordinates This Plan Of Care In Collaboration With The Healthcare Team.
4. Evaluates The Effectiveness Of The Plan Of Care, Patient?S Response To Care, And Readiness For Discharge. Revises The Plan Of Care As Needed And Makes Referrals Where Indicated.
5. Plans For Education After Assessing The Individual Learning Needs And Readiness Of The Patient And Family. Provides Educational Opportunities And Documents Outcomes.
6. Functions As A Preceptor To New Staff.
7. Functions As A Charge Nurse.
8. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
9. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
10. Demonstrates Skill And Knowledge In Assessment Of The Post Anesthesia Patient And Performs A Basic Pain Assessment.
11. Demonstrates Skill And Understanding In Airway Management And Knowledge Of Pulse Oximetry.
12. Cares For The Patient With A Trach Tube Or Endotracheal Tube According To Established Policy And Procedure.
13. Assists With Intubation And Extubates Patients According To Established Policy And Procedure.
14. Demonstrates Skill And Knowledge In Arrhythmia Interpretation And Appropriate Interventions.
15. Demonstrates Knowledge And Skill In The Performance Of Defibrillation/Cardioversion.
16. Demonstrates Appropriate Assessment And Management Of Malignant Hyperthermia.
17. Demonstrates Skill And Understanding Of Procedures And Protocols Associated With The Care Of The Patient With/On: Arterial Line, Central Venous Pressure, Intracranial Pressure Monitoring, Swan-Ganz Catheters, Respirator, Cpap, Imv, Peep.
18. Demonstrates Knowledge Of Monitors And Skill In Troubleshooting Equipment.
19. Demonstrates Knowledge And Understanding Of The Use, Application And Nursing Implications For Casts And Traction.
Graduate Of An Accredited School Of Nursing; Bsn Preferred. Proficient In Use Of Computer Software To Include Electronic Patient Records. Must Have Ability To Use Internet For Literature Searches Regarding Care For Patients.
Two Years Acute Med/Surg Experience Required. Previous Critical Care Experience Preferred.
Valid State Of Connecticut Registered Nurse License
Hospital And Unit-Based Orientation Provided