To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Outpatient Wound And Skin Resource Nurse Is Responsible For Providing The Clinical Oversight For Wound Care Within The Center. This Includes Delivery Of Patient Care Through The Process Of Assessment, Planning, Implementation And Evaluation To The Patients Of All Ages.
Responsibilities: 1. Coordinates Entire Delivery Of Patient Care Both In And Outside Of Center.
2. Responsible For Planning, Implementing, And Evaluating Formal And Informal Educational Activities To Meet Identified Health Needs Of The Patient.
3. Demonstrates Knowledge Of Available Equipment And Selects Appropriately For Individual Patient Needs; Evaluates And Makes Recommendations For Changes In Equipment And Related Products Utilized In Wound And Skin Care Management.
4. Demonstrates Knowledge Of Current Technology And Products Used In The Treatment Of Wounds.
5. Familiar With Applicable Dph Regulations.
6. Coordinates Patient Care With The Inpatient Wound And Skin Care Nurse.
7. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
8. Maintains Confidentiality Of All Hospital, Staff And Patient Information
9. Charts In Electronic Medical Record.
10. Participates In Patient And Family Teaching.
11. Maintains Environmental And Infection Control Standards
12. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
Graduate Of An Approved School Of Nursing; Bsn Required Within Three Years Of Assuming Position.
Minimum Of Three (3) Years Nursing Experience, With One (1) Year Of Dedicated Wound Care Experience Required. Hyperbaric Experience Preferred. Outpatient Experience Preferred. Wound Care Certification Required, Or Within One Year Of Hire.
Must Have A Current State Of Connecticut Nursing License.
The Above Statements Reflect The General Duties And Responsibilities Necessary To Describe The Principal Functions Of The Job, As Identified, And Shall Not Be Considered An Exhaustive List Of Job Responsibilities Which May Be Inherent In The Position. Responsibilities Are Subject To Change.