Summary: Responsible for providing appropriate non-surgical primary and continuing care to all patients in Northeast Medical Group, as well as leadership, coordination, and administration duties. The Physician leads an interdisciplinary team of primary caregivers and administrative support staff to perform assigned duties while displaying the highest standards of ethical and moral conduct as well as acting in the best interest of Northeast Medical Group supporting our mission, vision and values to optimize the health and well-being of our patients. EEO/AA/Disability/Veteran.
1. Examines patients, obtains medical histories and treats acute and chronic illnesses
2. Orders, performs and interprets diagnostic tests
3. Involves patients and their families in care and treatment decisions
4. Creates treatment plans and completes orders in patient''s charts
5. Collaborates on improvements in care delivery and service with staff, other physicians and management
6. Initiates appropriate specialty referrals
7. Provides clinical information to the interdisciplinary team in a clear and timely manner
8. Ensures that proper patient documentation is timely, accurate and complete
9. Works with practice management to ensure proper compliance with billing, coding and CPT code assignment
10. Achieves and maintains optimal patient access
11. Provides interdepartmental medical consultation as requested
12. Participates in the development of medical protocols, standard procedures and management of patient-care-related activities
13. Provides on-call coverage
14. Gives feedback to and accepts feedback from all staff in respectful manner
15. Acts in a positive and professional manner, complying with practice policies, procedures and federal and state laws
16. Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned 16 .1 Promotes health education in conjunction with other health professionals 16 .2 Efficiently uses group practice and healthcare resources 16 .3 Contributes to quality improvement activities by actively participating in the medical staff activities , serving on various committees and suggesting and supporting process improvements 16 .4 Advises the Chief Medical Officer of any problems that can affect the efficiency of the organization
EDUCATION: Degree of MD or DO with ABIM-recognized internal medicine residency (three years minimum) or ABFM-recognized family medicine residency (three years minimum)
EXPERIENCE: Preferred: Professional clinical experience in primary care practice, either family medicine or internal medicine
LICENSURE: Valid American Board certification in either internal medicine or family medicine and renewed (if needed) prior to expiration Valid and unrestricted Connecticut medical license BLS certification Valid DEA registration and Controlled Substance Certificate
Knowledge of and ability to apply professional medical principles, procedures and techniques. Thorough knowledge of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment. Ability to effectively manage and direct medical staff support activities while providing quality patient care. Ability to receive detailed information and express and exchange ideas orally. Ability to perform under stress. Possesses excellent written and oral communication, listening and social skills. Ability to interact effectively with people of varied educational, socioeconomic and ethnic backgrounds, skill levels and value systems. Professionally performs in a tactful manner. Taps experience and uses independent judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
ACCOUNTABILITY: Reports to the Chief Medical Officer or designee
COMPLEXITY: Will come in contact with clinical staff, patients, providers, volunteers, vendors, community agencies, advocates and regulatory agencies.
PHYSICAL_DEMAND: Must possess the physical and mental abilities to perform the tasks normally associated with the practice of internal and family medicine.
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.