To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
This Position Is An Intensive, Hands-On Orientation And Training Program For Recently-Graduated, Bsn-Prepared Registered Nurses, Designed To Help Transition From Academia Into Practice. Works Under The Supervision Of The Nurse Manager/Clinical Coordinator. The Registered Nurse (Rn) Assesses, Plans, Implements, Evaluates And Supervises Individual Patient Care On A Nursing Unit/Department According To Unit Policies And Procedures. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Requested In Order To Maintain A High Level Of Service.
Responsibilities: 1. Assesses The Patient?S Physical And Psychosocial Condition On An Ongoing Basis Throughout The Continuum Of Care.
2. Develops, Communicates And Documents A Plan Of Care Reflecting Individualized Patient Problems And Interventions To Achieve Desired Outcomes, Involving The Patient, Family And Healthcare Team In This Process.
3. Implements And Coordinates This Plan Of Care In Collaboration With The Healthcare Team.
4. Evaluates The Effectiveness Of The Plan Of Care, Patient?S Response To Care, And Readiness For Discharge. Revises The Plan Of Care As Needed And Makes Referrals Where Indicated.
5. Plans For Education After Assessing The Individual Learning Needs And Readiness Of The Patient And Family. Provides Educational Opportunities And Documents Outcomes.
6. May Function As A Preceptor To New Staff.
7. May Functions As A Charge Nurse.
8. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
9. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred or proof of Matriculation into a BSN accredited program. Proficient in use of computer software to include electronic patient records. Must have ability to use internet for literature searches regarding care for patients.
Previous Rn Experience Must Not Exceed One Year.
Valid State Of Connecticut Registered Nurse License
Bls Required. While On The Unit, Rns Will Be Expected To Work All Three Shifts. Once Orientation Is Successfully Completed, The Rn Will Be Expected To Apply To An Appropriate Medical/Surgical Unit.
Hospital And Unit-Based Orientation Provided