To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Works Under The Supervision Of The Nurse Manager/Clinical Coordinator. The Registered Nurse (Rn) Assesses, Plans, Implements, Evaluates And Supervises Individual Patient Care On A Nursing Unit/Department According To Unit Policies And Procedures. Provides Supervision Of Non-Rn Personnel On The Assigned Unit. When Assuming The Charge Role, Delegates And Supervises Unit Activities. May Be Requires To Work On Other Nursing Units According To Distribution Of Staff And Patients. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Requested In Order To Maintain A High Level Of Service.
Responsibilities: 1. Assesses The Patient?S Physical And Psychosocial Condition On An Ongoing Basis Throughout The Continuum Of Care.
2. Develops, Communicates And Documents A Plan Of Care Reflecting Individualized Patient Problems And Interventions To Achieve Desired Outcomes, Involving The Patient, Family And Healthcare Team In This Process.
3. Implements And Coordinates This Plan Of Care In Collaboration With The Healthcare Team.
4. Evaluates The Effectiveness Of The Plan Of Care, Patient?S Response To Care, And Readiness For Discharge. Revises The Plan Of Care As Needed And Makes Referrals Where Indicated.
5. Plans For Education After Assessing The Individual Learning Needs And Readiness Of The Patient And Family. Provides Educational Opportunities And Documents Outcomes.
6. Functions As A Preceptor To New Staff.
7. Assumes Responsibilities For Professional Development And Participates In Activities And Committees That Foster Clinical 8. Development.
9. 8. Functions As A Charge Nurse.
10. 9. Demonstrates The Ability To Provide A Safe Environment For Self And Patients.
11. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
12. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
13. Demonstrates Competency In The Care Of The Orthopedic Patient.
14. Demonstrates Knowledge And Understanding Of Total Joint Replacement Protocol.
15. Demonstrates Knowledge And Understanding Of Jcaho Requirements For Pain.
16. Demonstrates Skill Ands Understanding Of The Setup, Application And Maintenance Of Bucks Traction.
17. Demonstrates Knowledge And Understanding In The Use, Application And Nursing Implications For: Casts, Braces And Splints, Cpm, Compression Boots, Sryker Reinfusion Device, Pca Pump, Datascope Protocol, Immobilizer/Knee And Shoulder, Slings/Arm.
18. Demonstrates Knowledge And Understanding Of Exercise (E.G. Gluteal, Straight Leg Raising Sling Exercises) In Assisting Patient Recovery.
19. Implements Skin Care Protocol And Demonstrates Skill In Occlusive Dressing Application, Maintenance And Documentation.
20. Demonstrates Knowledge And Skill In Assisting Physician With Special Orthopedic Procedures (E.G. Joint Aspiration/Injection, Steinman Pin Insertion).
Graduate Of An Accredited School Of Nursing; Bsn Preferred. Proficient In Use Of Computer Software To Include Electronic Patient Records. Must Have Ability To Use Internet For Literature Searches Regarding Care For Patients.
Valid State Of Connecticut Registered Nurse License
Bls Certification Required
Hospital And Unit-Based Orientation Provided