To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Draws Venous Blood Either By Syringe Or Vacutainer And Capillary Specimens On Patient Of All Ages. Enters Information Into The Computer And Obtains Labels. Makes House Calls, Visits To Dmr?S Or Group Homes And Skilled Nursing Facilities, When Necessary.
Responsibilities: 1. Collects A High Volume Of Blood Specimens (Skin Puncture And Venipuncture), Nasal And Throat Swabs Using Appropriate Technique While Maintaining The Integrity Of The Specimen In Relation To The Test To Be Performed.
2. Utilizes Systems For Identification, Collection, Transport And Disposal Of Specimens, Adhering To Internal And External Policies And Regulations.
3. Organizes And Prioritizes Work To Provide Optimal Patient Care While Adhering To Established Guidelines For Specimen Procurement, Safety And Correct Identification.
4. Recognizes And Evaluates The Presence Of Complications In Collecting Blood And Selects Appropriate Solutions For Them (I.E. Patients On Anticoagulants, Radical Mastectomy, Syncope, Difficult Veins, Iv?S).
5. Performs All Duties Precisely And Efficiently Under Continually Changing Conditions.
6. Instructs Patients Who Require Special Testing And Instructs Outpatients In Proper Collection Of Specimens For Testing.
7. Responsible For Proper Care And Use Of Hospital Equipment; Vocera, Hand-Held Collection Devices, Printers, Lab Vehicles, Carts And Poct Instrumentation.
8. Collects Specimens And Performs Select Point Of Care Testing On Inpatients And Emergency Department Patients.
9. Drives Hospital Vehicle Or Own Vehicle To Homes, Dmr?S Or Group Homes And Skilled Nursing Facilities To Service Patients Requiring Blood Work, When Necessary. Collects Blood And Transports Blood And All Specimen Types To Laboratory.
10. Adheres To All Safety Procedures In The Handling Of Hazardous Materials And Blood Borne Pathogens.
11. Follows All Procedures On Safe Patient Interactions And Body Mechanics.
12. Maintains Clean, Well-Stocked Working Areas In Main Lab, Outpatient Lab And Emergency Department
13. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
14. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
High School Diploma. Formal Education And/Or Clinical Training From An Approved Phlebotomy Program Preferred.
Previous Phlebotomy Experience And/Or Phlebotomy Certification Required.
Valid Driver's License Required.
Not Necessary, But Ascp Certification Preferred.