To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Directs And Supervises All Unit Shift/Department Activities. Directs, Educates And Assists Nursing Staff In The Provision Of Quality Patient Care According To Department Standards Of Practice And Standards Of Care To Maintain Quality Services. Assists Nurse Manager In Providing Leadership Support To Staff, Scheduling And Evaluating Personnel. Plans, Develops, Facilitates And Coordinates The Operation Of The Unit/Department.
Responsibilities: 1. Assesses Global Needs Of Patients On The Unit/Department And Matches With Staff Competencies To Provide Needed Services. Delegates Patient Care Assignments To Staff According To Identified Needs And Abilities.
2. Must Demonstrate The Appropriate Clinical Competencies For The Nursing Unit In Order To Evaluate, Plan And/Or Provide Patient Care Through Delegation, Consulting Or As A Direct Patient Care Provider.
3. Assist Manager With Hiring New Staff And Identifies And Communicates With Staff And Manager Any Disciplinary/Performance Issues.
4. Regularly Reviews And Monitors Quality Improvement Activities. Follows Through On Staff Participation In Quality Improvement Activities. Demonstrates The Ability To Problem Solve And Facilitate Effective Outcomes.
5. Intervenes In A Timely Manner To Resolve Customer Complaints. Holds Self And Others Accountable For Meeting Objectives And Commitments. Enforces High Standards For The Quality Of Patient Care Delivered On The Unit.
6. Communicates Clearly, Concisely And Effectively. Ensures That People Get The Information They Need To Do Their Jobs.
7. Actively Participates In Employees? Annual Review Process.
8. Functions As A Preceptor To New Staff. Assists The Manager And The Clinical Nurse Specialist (Cns) In Coordinating The Orientation Of New Staff. Collaborates With Oncology Cns To Ensure Staff Competencies Are Current.
9. Assists Nurse Manager In Maintaining Up-To-Date Resource Materials Necessary To Insure Proper Staff Development.
10. Provides Accurate And Consistent Interpretation And Application Of Human Resource Policies.
11. Assists Manager With The Development Of The Budget. Works With Staff To Adjust Resource Allocations To Demands. Assists The Nurse Manager In The Completion Of Weekly Payroll Processes.
12. Demonstrates The Ability To Provide A Safe Environment For Patients, Self And Staff.
13. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
14. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
15. Serves As Clinical Leader For Outpatient Oncology Infusion And Is A Resource To Staff, Physicians, Organizational Leadership And The Community At Large.
16. Assists Nurse Manager With Protocol Review And Validation For Current Chemotherapy/Treatment Care Plans And Those Being Developed.
17. Enhances Professional Growth And Development Through Participation And Development Of Educational Programs, In-Services And Workshops
18. Present One Formal Presentation Each Year Nursing Staff At L+M, And Is Encouraged To Present At Local And/Or National Conferences.
19. Participate In Research And Evidence Based Practice Activities Within Cancer Services, And Fostering The Application Of Both In Practice Among Staff
20. Functions As Resource To Other Staff When Faced With Difficult Clinical Situations.
21. Provides Clinical Leadership In The Department For Regulatory Readiness And Compliance.
22. Collaborates With The Cns And Other Clinical Coordinators Across The Organization To Ensure Standardized Cancer Care Across Lawrence + Memorial.
23. Reviews The Infusion Schedule At Least 24 Hours In Advance To Identify And Address Gaps To Improve Patient Outcomes And Maintain Efficient Infusion Room Throughput.
Graduate Of An Accredited School Of Nursing; Bsn Required Or Within Four Years (Matriculation Within Six Months). Ms Preferred.
Minimum Of Three Years Of Relevant Outpatient Oncology Infusion Services
Current Ct Rn Licensure
Current Oncology Nurse Certification
Clinical Nurse Leader Preferred