To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Works Under The Supervision Of The Nurse Manager/Clinical Coordinator. The Registered Nurse (Rn) Assesses, Plans, Implements, Evaluates And Supervises Individual Patient Care On A Nursing Unit/Department According To Unit Policies And Procedures. Provides Supervision Of Non-Rn Personnel On The Assigned Unit. When Assuming The Charge Role Delegates And Supervises Unit Activities. Will Be Required To Cross-Train And Work On Iv Team As Needed. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Requested In Order To Maintain A High Level Of Service.
Responsibilities: 1. Assesses The Patient?S Physical And Psychosocial Condition On An Ongoing Basis Throughout The Continuum Of Care.
2. Develops, Communicates And Documents A Plan Of Care Reflecting Individualized Patient Problems And Interventions To Achieve Desired Outcomes, Involving The Patient, Family And Healthcare Team In This Process.
3. Implements And Coordinates This Plan Of Care In Collaboration With The Healthcare Team.
4. Evaluates The Effectiveness Of The Plan Of Care, Patient?S Response To Care, And Readiness For Discharge. Revises The Plan Of Care As Needed And Makes Referrals Where Indicated.
5. Plans For Education After Assessing The Individual Learning Needs And Readiness Of The Patient And Family. Provides Educational Opportunities And Documents Outcomes.
6. Functions As A Preceptor To New Staff.
7. Functions As A Charge Nurse.
8. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
9. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
10. 1. Demonstrates Good Communication And Teaching Skills.
11. 2. Capable Of Self-Directed Responsibilities And Able To Establish Priorities In Infusion Care Delivery.
12. 3. Demonstrates A Professional Image.
13. 4. Demonstrate Validated Competency Related To Skill, Knowledge And Ability To Provide Quality Infusion Care.
14. 5. Monitors Infusion Devices On A Daily Basis And Documents According To Organizational Policy.
15. 6. Assesses Patients For Appropriateness Of Therapy, Correctness Of Infusion Prescription And Vascular Access Device Selection.
16. 7. Cognizant Of Complication Development And Appropriate Interventions Of Infusion Therapy.
17. 8. Participates In Collaborative Planning Of Care For The Infusion Patient.
18. 9. Implements Standards Of Care And Practice Using The Nursing Process.
19. 10. Performs Infusion Therapy Procedures Correctly
20. 11. Responds To Calls For Service In A Timely Manner.
21. 12. Intervenes On The Patient?S Behalf As Appropriate.
22. 13. Demonstrates Skills And Knowledge At All Levels Of Infusion Practice.
23. 14. Documents All Activities According To Healthcare Organizational Policy.
24. 15. Participates In Unit-Based Management Of Performance Improvement Activities.
25. 16. Participates In Product Evaluations.
26. 17. Interacts With The Healthcare Team On A Regular Basis.
27. 18. Demonstrates Proficiency And Knowledge In Problem Identification And Solving Activities.
28. 19. Demonstrates Leadership By Being A Role Model For Other Healthcare Organizational Staff.
29. 20. Identifies Learning Opportunities Required To Enhance Care Delivery.
30. 21. Serves As Educational Resource For Organizational Staff Including Physicians, Nurses And Other Members Of The Healthcare Team.
31. 22. Participates In Research Projects For Infusion Therapy.
32. 23. Demonstrates Willingness To Validate Nursing Practice Through Publication.
Graduate Of An Accredited School Of Nursing; Bsn Preferred Or Currently Enrolled. Proficient In Use Of Computer Software To Include Electronic Patient Records. Must Have Ability To Use Internet For Literature Searches Regarding Care For Patients.
Minimum 2-Years Clinical Nursing, Previous Infusion Therapy And/Or Credentialing In Infusion Therapy Preferred.
Valid State Of Connecticut Registered Nurse License
Bls Required, Acls Required Or Enrolled Upon Hire
Hospital And Unit-Based Orientation Provided