To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Assists with procedures that require the use of highly sophisticated digital Radiology equipment. Frequent contact with acutely ill
patients; exposure to surgical procedures, body fluids, and radiation. Functions in an Interventional Technologist capacity to ensure
smooth operation of both the Cardiac Cath Lab and Angiography exams. Must be able to function in both areas, and provide
technical guidance in both areas. Rotates on call as required. May be required to cover on the Radiology floor as needed.
1. Must operate all special procedure and/or Cath Lab equipment efficiently and accurately throughout all phases of procedures.
2. Must ensure all equipment is in proper working condition and proper preventative maintenance schedule is followed. Notify
Biomed immediately of any equipment malfunctions. Provides QA as needed.
3. Assists in training new personnel and providing in-service education to staff as requested.
4. Assists in those procedures that require the use of highly sophisticated digital Radiology equipment. Must also act as surgical
assistant and provide assistance as needed.
5. May be required to take call on weeknights, weekends and holidays and be within 30 minutes of hospital when on call.
6. May be required to function as Radiologic Technologist as needed or requested in general radiography or Special Procedures
7. Provides patient care including vital signs and venipuncture as needed. Injects contrast, maintains airway.
8. Is competent in maintaining sterile technique in a surgical setting.
9. Meets performance expectations for Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, and Staff and Self Development as
outlined in performance review.
10. Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure smooth operation of the department/unit.
EDUCATION (number of years and type required to perform the position duties):
Must be High School graduate or have a G.E.D; satisfactorily completed a formal radiologic technology training in an A.M.A.
approved school and meets requirements for registry by A.R.R.T.
EXPERIENCE (number of years and type required to meet an acceptable level of performance):
A minimum of one (1) year experience in all phases of special procedures techniques preferred, and possesses capabilities as
determined to be adequate by the department head; must have gained such a variety of experience that job knowledge is
expressed in work characteristics; must be able to instruct others in the use of this equipment and to assist in the in-service
education of the staff.
Two (2) years training in a formally recognized Radiology Technology program. Position will require up to 6 months orientation and
training depending on prior experience. Training may occur at an offsite location within the YNHH system.
Connecticut State Licensure, Connecticut Controlled Substance Licensure, DEA licensure, National Board