To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Organizes And Conducts Occupational Therapy Programs To Promote Independence, Facilitate Rehabilitation And Aid In The Development Of Adaptive Skills Following Disease, Injury Or Developmental Problems. Helps Patient To Maximize Independence Through Participation In Selected Tasks To Restore, Reinforce And Enhance Performance; Facilitates The Learning Of Skills And Functions Essential For Adaptation And Productivity In Daily Life.
Responsibilities: 1. Consistently Applies Therapeutic Principles And Practices.
2. Formulates Realistic And Appropriate Short And Long Term Goals For The Patient.
3. Adapts Conventional Treatment Techniques To Meet Patient?S Needs.
4. Involves Patient/ Family In Program/ Treatment Decisions And Plans.
5. Terminates Treatment Appropriately And With Discharge Plans.
6. Shows Sensitivity To Cultural Backgrounds.
7. Maintains Timely And Accurate Documentation In Accordance With Department Policy.
8. Regularly Assess Needs For And Provides Patient/ Family With Educational Materials And Resources.
9. Actively Participates In Cqi/ Performance Improvement Initiatives; Including Inpatient Fim And Outpatient Lifeware.
10. Actively Participates In Departmental Student Program.
11. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
12. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
13. Utilizes The Safest And Most Efficient Transfer Techniques To Ensure Proper Body Mechanics, Ease And Comfort Of Patients. This May Include Appropriate Use Of Lifts.
14. Aware Of Indications For Use Of Pulse Oximetry And Interprest Parameters As Ordered By M.D.
15. Ability To Identify Dme Needs Of Patients During Hospitalization And At Discharge. Facilitate Equipment Ordering In Cost-Efficient And Timely Manner. Provide Alternative Resources For Patients/ Families To Obtain Equipment By Referencing The Dme Cabinet.
16. Participates In The Continuum Of Care By Performing Home Evaluations And Participating In Home Care.
17. Successfully Meets Fim Certification. Completes Pps Information As Requested And Articulates Appropriate Information In Team/ Family Conferences.
18. Completes All Rehab Unit-Specific Paperwork Including Interdisciplinary Teaching Record, Team Sheets And Family Conference Sheets.
19. Demonstrates Understanding And Working Knowledge Of Rehab-Specific Equipment (Ie Parallel Bars, Standing Table, Tilt Table).
20. Maintains Productivity At Departmental Standard.
Bs Or Ms In Occupational Therapy.
Previous Experience In Outpatient Rehabilitation (Orthopedic And Neurological Experience) Facility Helpful.
By State Of Connecticut Division Of Medical Quality Assurance.
Must Be Able To Provide Care To The Neonates