To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Addresses The Psychosocial Needs Of Patients And Their Families In The Hospital, As Inpatients, And In Homecare Settings Through Provision Of Quality Social Work Services In Collaboration With Other Members Of The Healthcare Team.
Responsibilities: 1. Accepts Cases Referred For Social Work Services And/Or Assignments From Supervisor And Performs High Risk Screening Of New Patients To Identify Patients And Families In Need Of Service.
2. Performs Psychosocial Assessments Of Patients And Families In Assigned Clinical Areas.
3. Plans Social Work Interventions, Makes Appropriate Referrals To Community Resources And Assists With Discharge Planning.
4. Provides Resource Information To Patients And Families.
5. Provides Crisis Intervention And Short-Term Counseling To Assist Patients And Families In Adjustment To Illness, Disability Or Role Change.
6. Assists With Support Group Activities, When Needed.
7. Assists Patients With Advance Directives, Upon Request.
8. Attends Unit Rounds And Team Meetings, As Required, For Clinical Area.
9. Represents Hospital, When Needed, In Probate Court For Conservatorship, Etc.
10. Provides Monthly Reports Of Casework And Assists With Qa/Qi Studies, As Required.
11. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
12. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
Bachelor?S Degree In Social Work Or Equivalent Education In Related Field Required. Home Visit Experience A Plus.
Good Organizational, Communication And Interpersonal Skills. Basic Computer Skills Desired.