To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Diagnose, Test, Install, Maintain Various Air Conditioning, Refrigeration, Heating, Related Building Management Control Systems, And Medical Gas Systems. Completes Appropriate Records And Reports To Maintain Labor And History Files.
Responsibilities: 1. Completes Appropriate Reports And Maintains Daily Records Of Time Spent On Service Requests, Work Orders, Projects, Etc.Provides Information For Productions, Progress, Costs Records And Reports
2. Operate And Troubleshoot Building Management System, Central Chiller Plant, And Trouble Shoot And Repair Pneumatic Tube System.
3. Provide Technical Support In Trouble Shooting/Repairing Hvac Equipment, Boilers, Pumps Etc.
4. Perform Preventable Maintenance Tasks And Customer Work Order Requests.
5. Follow State And Local Building Codes And Nfpa Code Requirements.
6. Subject To "On-Call"/"Call-In" After Hours Requirements To Support Emergencies.
7. Read And Interpret Blue Prints.
8. Repairs Medical Air/Gas/Vacuum And Plant Air Systems In A Timely Manner.
9. Repair And Maintain Hvac And Refrigeration Equipment.
10. Work With Outside Vendors And Agencies.
11. Coordinate Activities With Customers To Minimize Disruptions To Hospital Services.
12. Provide Leadership And Direction For Accomplishment Of Work When Assigned As Crew Leader.
13. Assist And Guide The Efforts Of Lower Level Technicians.
14. Assist Other Trades As Required.
15. Demonstrates Knowledge Of Electrical, Fire And Environmental Safety Policies And Procedures As They Apply To The Work Environment.
16. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
17. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
High School Or Trade School Graduate, With Related H.V.A.C. Technology Related Courses.
Four Years Of Practical Experience.
Connecticut Journeyman D-2
The Above Statements Reflect The General Duties And Responsibilities Necessary To Describe The Principal Functions Of The Job, As Identified, And Shall Not Be Considered An Exhaustive List Of Job Responsibilities Which May Be Inherent In The Position. Responsibilities Are Subject To Change.