To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Provides office support to specific individuals to ensure efficient office operation. Provides administrative support to include the following: electronic scheduling, calendar coordination, phone and travel itineraries for one or more individuals; agenda preparation and distribution; collates and consolidates reports and related documents for presentation and information needs as required. Also provides office support in the collection of co-pays and deductibles.
MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES/CRITICAL RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Consistently answers phones with scripted greeting and minimizes use of voice mail.
2. Take messages accurately, follow-up as necessary. If need be, route other information to appropriate persons.
3. Schedule all patient appointments in Meditech efficiently and without error.
4. Schedule all client appointments in Outlook efficiently and without error.
5. Demonstrate knowledge of existing insurance requirements and retrieve insurance authorization, as needed, within the established deadlines.
6. Demonstrate ability to multi-task throughout the work day.
7. Utilize various computer software packages to assist in creating departmental documentation and/ or reports, for example, Excel, Access, Outlook, Meditech, ReDoc and McKesson.
8. Show sensitivity to cultural backgrounds.
9. Collect co-payments from patients/clients as well as opening, closing and reconciling a cash drawer.
10. Records minutes of meetings and distributes minutes in a timely fashion.
11. Meets performance expectations for Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, and Staff and Self Development as outlined in performance review.
12. Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure smooth operation of the department/unit.
Education: Minimum of a high school education is required.
Experience: Ability to coordinate and prioritize a variety of routine tasks; ability to maintain work related confidentiality. Proficient with various software applications, for example, Excel, Outlook, Access, Meditech, ReDoc and McKesson.
Training: Provided specialized on-the-job training of up to several weeks.
Licensure: Not Applicable
Other: Good interpersonal skills required. Must have the ability to work with a team and high patient/client volume.