To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Supervise And Coordinate The Activities Of The Patient Account Financial Counselors. Assures Patients Are Assessed Who Present In Person Or Over The Phone, Without Ample Insurance Coverage. Sets, Updates, And Enforces Hospital Charity Care Guidelines And Procedures. Collaborates With Case Management, Clinical Management And Hospitalists In Discharge Planning, Assuring Payment Source Is Obtained. Investigates, Researches And Decides When To Involve Legal In The State Application Or Pre Collections Process. Approves All Charity Care And State Presumptive Insurance Applications. Provides Adequate Training And Cross-Training To All Staff. Reports Statistics Reflecting Productivity Of Units To The Revenue Cycle Committee.
Responsibilities: 1. Direct Oversight, And Full Supervision, Of All Financial Counseling Staff At All Facilities Owned By L+M
2. Approves All Charity Care Applications System Wide
3. Assures Team Hits Monthly And Yearly Goals Of Bad Debt Reduction By Obtaining Payment Sources For Self-Pay Patients.
4. Motivates, Coaches, Trains And Develops Staff. Tracks Productivity And Takes Appropriate Corrective Action When Necessary.
5. Reviews Accounts For Attorney And Makes Critical Decisions Of When To Include Legal Assistance On In-House Cases.
6. Coordinates The Financial Pieces Of Case Management To Assure Discharge Plan Can Be Executed Timely
7. Oversees The Disbursement Of Workload And Assures Each Financial Counselor Hits Both Converted Application And Contacts Weekly.
8. Conducts Three-Month And Annual Reviews Of All Unit Members.
9. Develops And Enforces Policies And Procedures For Self Pay Initial Contact And Follow-Up
10. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
11. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
Work Requires Organizational, Analytical And Communication Skills Generally Acquired Through The Completion Of A Bachelor'S Degree In Business, Information Technology, Finance, Or A Related Field. Additional Years Of Experience Above The Minimum Requirements May Substitute For Educational Requirements On A One To One Basis (I.E. One Year Of Experience Equals One Year Of Education).
Two (2) Years Of Related Experience Required, To Include Lead, Supervisory, Or Management Experience In The Healthcare Receivables Field. Cpc, Cpam, Front?End Experience, Credit And Collection Management Experience Are All Preferred.
Knowledge Of Third Party Billing Requirements For Hospital Claims And Hospital Billing Systems. Meditech Magic Experience Highly Desired. Strong Verbal Communication Skills. Ability To Set Direction And Performance Standards For Staff. Credit And Collection Expertise. Ability To Interview, Hire, Motivate, Develop, Evaluate, Discipline And Direct The Work Of Assigned Staff.
A Working Knowledge Of Personal Computers And Business Office Applications Preferred; Ability To Perform Billing Functions Required; Familiarity With Meditech Systems Is A Plus.