To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under General Supervision, This Position Is Responsible For Patient Assessment, Development Of Individualized Exercise Prescriptions, Monitoring And Class Instruction For Phase Ii And Phase Iii Programs, Assisting In The Writing And Maintenance Of Departmental Policies And Procedures, Contributing To Program Development And Patient Education For The Adult Patient. Responsibilities May Also Include Assisting In The Development And Coordination Of Health Promotion Activities For The Cardiac ? Pulmonary Rehab Program.
Responsibilities: 1. Perform Exercise Assessments And Screenings To Cardiac- Pulmonary Rehab.
2. Develop Clinically Sound Exercise Prescriptions For Phase 2&3 Patient Populations. Know And Understand Appropriate Hemodynamic Response To Exercise. Must Assess For And Develop Appropriate Goals Post Phase 2 To Include Phase 3 And/Or Home Exercise Program And Ongoing Lifestyle Modification Goals In Collaboration With The Patient.
3. Develop And Lead A Variety Of Patient Centered Exercises To Include Warm-Ups, Cool-Downs And Relaxation.
4. Conduct Patient And Family Health Education Related To Cad, Risk Factor Identification And Prevention Develop And Conduct Outpatient And Community Presentations On Health And Wellness.
5. Must Be Able To Demonstrate The Use Of And Operate All Exercise Equipment Safely, According To Manufacturer'S Specifications. Must Operate Telemetry System To Include Entry Of New Patient, Calculate Workloads, Print/Store Reports And Shutting Down System.
6. Recognize And Take Appropriate Action To Complications Related To Exercise Such As Arrhythmia Detection, Intervention And Or Chest Pain / Sob.
7. Must Be Self-Directed And Exercise Critical Thinking Skills In The Management Of Cardiac - Pulmonary Emergencies.
8. Must Know Entrance And Exclusion Criteria To Outpatient Exercise Program.
9. Maintains Inventory And Exercise Area Of Outpatient Cardiac - Pulmonary Rehabilitation To Assure Productivity And Safety Of Area.
10. Initiate Appropriate Pre-Authorization /Pre-Certification For Third Party Payment For Cardiac - Pulmonary Rehab Services.
11. Promotes Cardiac - Pulmonary Rehab As An Adjunct To Medical Therapy By Enlisting Appropriate Patients Into The Outpatient Program.
12. Initiates Multidisciplinary Approach In Meeting The Scope Of The Cardiac - Pulmonary Patients Needs, I.E. Dietitian, Social Service.
13. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
14. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
Bs In Exercise Physiology, Masters Degree Preferred
1-2 Years Of Clinical Support And Program Development In A Hospital-Based Cardiac Or Pulmonary Rehab Program Preferred.
Bcls/Acls Required. Acsm Certification Preferred. Assessment Of Cardiac-Pulmonary Patients And Risk Reduction Counseling. Computer Skills (Microsoft And Telemetry Systems)