To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
To provide clinical and operational services in collaboration with clinical pharmacists and pharmacy staff to all areas of the Lawrence + Memorial Hospital system.
1. Provide clinical and operational services guided by the residency program director and coordinator, and the appropriate preceptor(s)
2. Collaborates effectively with all healthcare providers to ensure satisfactory pharmaceutical care is provided to all patients.
3. Provides intradepartmental and hospital educational support.
4. Partake in quality assurance to satisfy the standards of the Joint Commission and other regulatory agencies. Maintains familiarity with all federal and state laws and hospital policies.
5. Partake in hospital and health-system committees, and cost savings and quality improvement projects.
6. Assists in complicated medication management history for medication reconciliation, formulary management and clinical interventions appropriate to the learning experience.
7. Mentor and precept pharmacy students and interns and ensure their growth and development.
8. Effectively document intervention and medication safety events.
9. Meet or exceed performance expectations for Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, and Staff and Self Development as outlined in performance review.
10. Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure smooth clinical and operation of the department/unit.
Bachelor\u2019s Degree in Pharmacy or Doctor of Pharmacy from an accredited college.
Prior hospital pharmacy experiences preferred.
General understanding of contemporary pharmacy practice; Knowledge of computer technology. Maintain or achieve BLS/PALS/ACLS certification and teaching certificate.
Eligible for State of Connecticut and Rhode Island Pharmacist Licenses; licensure in Connecticut within 90 days from date of hire is required to maintain employment.
Able to effectively communicate with all customers. Registered with CPMRS of Connecticut