To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Paramedic Provides Emergency Care, In The Field, Under The Authority Of The Medical Control Physician And/Or The Advanced Life Support Protocols Of The State Of Connecticut.
Responsibilities: 1. Receives And Responds To Emergency Calls In A Safe And Timely Manner.
2. Performs Required Assessment/Treatment Procedures According To Established Protocols.
3. Must Organize And Prioritize Work For Medical Treatment Team At Emergency Scenes, Leading Other Ems Responders In A Respectful Manner.
4. Prepares A Written Record Documenting Times, Patient(S) Condition, Treatment And Any Additional Pertinent Information Including All Billing Information.
5. Transfers Patient To Emergency Dept Staff By Way Of Oral Report.
6. Adheres To All Safety Procedures In The Handling Of Hazardous Materials And Blood Borne Pathogens.
7. Assists With Patient Care And Lifting/Moving Of Patients In The Emergency Dept As Needed.
8. Responsible For Scheduling Volunteers To Assist With Efficient Operations Of Daily Duties.
9. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
10. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
High School Graduate Or Equivalent And Completion Of Dot Paramedic Training Program.
Position Requires Experience In Pre-Hospital Care Involving At Least Six (6) Months As An Active Paramedic And At Least Two (2) Years As A Basic Emt Or Equivalent Experience.
Must Be Eligible For Ct Paramedic License To Apply. Must Possess A Current Connecticut Emt-Paramedic License At Time Of Appointment.
The Above Statements Reflect The General Duties And Responsibilities Necessary To Describe The Principal Functions Of The Job, As Identified, And Shall Not Be Considered An Exhaustive List Of Job Responsibilities Which May Be Inherent In The Position. Responsibilities Are Subject To Change.
Must Maintain Certification In Acls, Pals, And Cpr; Must Have Been Trained In Hazardous Materials At The Awareness Level.