To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Performs A Variety Of Tasks Related To Cleaning, Decontamination, Assembly, Sterilization And Distribution Of Medical/Surgical Linens, Equipment, Instrumentation And Supplies For The Care And Treatment Of Patients.
Responsibilities: 1. C.S. Tech I, Ii, Iii:
2. Inspects, Folds, Assembles, Wraps, And Labels Reusable Linens For Sterilization.
3. Performs Individualized Cleaning And Decontamination Procedures On General Instrumentation And Equipment; Identifies Items Requiring Special Handling And Initiates Appropriate Procedures.
4. Inspects, Assembles, Packages, And Labels General Instrument Sets And Med-Surgical Supplies For Sterilization.
5. Inventories Supply Carts And Par Level Stock; Accurately Checks And/Or Replenishes Each Item.
6. Ensures That All Components Of Patient Equipment Are Clean, Functional, And Correctly Assembled.
7. Transports Supplies/Equipment To/From User Areas, Observing Correct Procedure And Aseptic Technique.
8. Maintains Clean Work Area; Replenishes Supplies As Needed And Monitors Equipment Function.
9. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
10. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
11. C. S. Tech Ii, Iii:
12. Inspects And Assembles Instruments And Related Supplies In Specialty, Medical-Surgical Procedure Trays.
13. Inventories Supply/Exchange Carts And Resuscitation Carts, Checking Equipment Function, Replenishing Stock, Replacing Outdated Supplies, And Accurately Documenting Required Data.
14. Performs Terminal Sterilization By Required Method Of Steam/Ethylene Oxide/Gas Plasma/Dry Heat, Following Established Procedures. Demonstrates Basic Operational Knowledge Of Equipment Function; Identifies And/Or Corrects Malfunctions.
15. Performs Required Test Cycles And Biological Monitoring Of Sterilizers And Designated Equipment And Accurately Interprets And Documents Results As Required.
16. Performs Individualized Cleaning/Decontamination Procedures On Specialized Surgical Instruments And Equipment; Identifies Items Requiring Special Handling And Initiates Appropriate Procedures.
17. Assembles Surgical Case Carts, Ensuring Availability Of Supplies According To Established Schedules, And For Emergency And/Or Added Cases As Required; Selects And Prints Appropriate Pick Sheets For Specific Procedures And Surgeons, As Needed.
18. Inspects And Assembles Surgical Instrumentation And Equipment, Ensuring Accuracy, Cleanliness And Proper Function; Correctly Packages And Labels Each Item, And Documents Missing Items.
19. Responds Appropriately To All Requests From Patient Care Areas; Demonstrates Good Independent Judgement In Critical Situations.
20. Enters Patient/Department Charges/Credits In Main Hospital Computer System, Monitoring For Accuracy And Documenting Issues/Locations. Answers Phone Calls; Responds Appropriately To All Requests.
Minimum Of A High School Education Required. Basic Math Skills Required.
Prior Cs/Or Or Related Medical Field Desired But Not Essential. Cs Certification By An Approved Agency Preferred. Knowledge Of Medical Terminology Preferred.
C. S. Technician Iii Has Attained Full Competency And Cs Technical Certification By An Approved Agency.
Departmental Training Required To Learn Specific Job Tasks, Policies/Procedures And Standards Of Practice.