To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under The Delegation And Supervision Of An Rn, Provides Clinical Support With Basic Nursing Care And Patient Monitoring For The General Welfare And Safety Of All Patients.
Responsibilities: 1. Assists With Basic Patient Care (Including Am & Pm Care, Toileting, Peri-Care, Emptying And Rinsing Of Drainage Devices, And Feeding) Under The Supervision Of The Licensed Nurse. Measures And Records Intake And Output. Makes Beds.
2. Takes And Records Vital Signs, Sao2, Blood Pressure And Weight.
3. Performs Selected Procedures Such As Specimen Collections (Vre Swabs, Urine, Stool And Non-Induced Sputum); Urine Testing, Hematest, Gastrocult, Enemas, Application Of Ice Collar/Caps Or Post Mortem Care. Applies Simple Dressings To Areas Of Potential Impairment Of Skin Integrity After Skin Assessment By Licensed Personnel
4. Maintains Clean And Orderly Patient Care, Storage, Pantry And Utility Areas. Distributes Water Pitchers. Set Up Equipment In Rooms To Prepare For Admission.
5. Orients Patient To Unit And Secures Patient Valuables. Responds To Call Lights Promptly And Provides Necessary Assistance.
6. Monitors And Communicates Changes In Patient Condition, Leakage Of Iv Solutions And Other Problems With Treatments/Devices.
7. Assists With Reinforcement Of Incentive Spirometry After Nursing Instruction, Reapplies Oxygen Equipment If Displaced From Patient Except Cpap.
8. Keeps Rn Informed Of Status Of Work And Availability For Added Assignments.
9. Moves And Lifts Patients. Supports Multidisciplinary Team With Range Of Motion Exercises. Provides Patient Escort Assistance As Needed.
10. Performs Patient Observer Role When Assigned.
11. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
12. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
High School Graduate Or Equivalent. Graduate Of An Accredited Nursing Assistant Program.
Minimum Of One Year Medical/Surgical Or Equivalent Experience Preferred.
Nurse Aide Certification Or Equivalent Required (Equivalent May Be Defined As A Student Nurse)
Hospital And Unit Specific Orientation Required