To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Yale Scleroderma Program is dedicate to providing quality, integrated multidisciplinary care and treatment that is coordinated and centered on the patient's specific needs. Additionally, we are dedicated to conducting
cutting-edge patient-centered research with the goal of finding novel treatments and a cure. All employees are part of the patients' care team and contribute to the team approach of promoting access, continuous, comprehensive
care and work to provide quality improvement in the care provided to their patients. Develop and manage a REDCap database. Coordinate and participate in clinical research studies conducted by
supervising physicians. Perform a variety of subject care and administrative duties to support activities that meet objectives of assigned research protocol(s).
1. Create a REDCap database to collect patient clinical data.
2.Perform data entry in adherence with the assigned study protocol and in accordance with good clinical research principles
3. Ensure that IRB approval of protocol and informed consent form is obtained prior to initiation of the study.
4. Review study participant's electronic medical record and other sources to screen and identify potential participants for inclusion in studies based on criteria described in the protocol.
5. Perform regular assessments of data quality and perform data queries for data outliers.
6. Provide descriptive statistics of Yale Scleroderma Program participants.
7. Assist in study participant recruitment and obtain informed consent for Registry participation.
8. Perform routine processing and logging of biological samples (blood, urine, etc.)
9. Collect pertinent information and data from subject charts and records, subject interviews, and other sources. Completes case report forms (CFRs) in accordance with research protocol guidelines.
10. Compile and submit reports, documents, and correspondence as necessary to the IRB, sponsor, and consortium.
EDUCATION (number of years and type required to perform the position duties):
Bachelor's degree preferred in healthcare related fields.
EXPERIENCE (number of years and type required to meet an acceptable level of performance):
One year experience in a health or research environment to allow familiarity with basic medical and research terminology and procedures.
Highly preferred lab
experience, knowledge of aspects related to clinical research & exceptional writing and verbal skills.
Database experience (REDCap experience preferred, but experience with MedLog, Microsoft Access is acceptable)
ACCOUNTABILITY (how this position is held accountable for such as goals achievement, budget adherence, or
other areas of accountability):
COMPLEXITY (describe planning, problem solving, decision making, creative activity, or other special factors
inherent in the responsibilities of this position):
In personal and job-related decisions and actions, consistently demonstrates the values of integrity (doing the right
thing), patient-centered (putting patients and families first), respect (valuing all people and embracing all differences),
accountability (being responsible and taking action), and compassion (being empathetic).
Employee needs to be able to problem solve independently, possess a can -do attitude, work well in groups, ask for
help when needed, have superior attention to detail and want to work with patients.
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMAND:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with
hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand and walk. The employee must frequently stoop ,
kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, occasionally
move and/or lift up to 50 pounds. The specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is
usually moderate. Incumbents as well as external and internal applicants who become disabled must be able to
perform the essential job functions with or without the assistance of reasonable accommodation as determined on a
case by case basis.