To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Is Adequately Cross Trained To Perform Laboratory Assays On Blood, Body Fluids And Exudates, In All Clinical Laboratory Sections, To Provide Information Used In The Diagnosis Of Disease States. Is Able To Evaluate Laboratory Results With Regards To Accuracy And Appropriateness.
Responsibilities: 1. Follows All Laboratory And Hospital Safety Policies.
2. Operates All Department Equipment Safely And According To Manufacturer Guidelines. Performs Preventative Maintenance And Troubleshoots Instrument Failures To Best Of Ability Alerting Proper Personnel Of Equipment Problems.
3. Follows All Department Qc Procedures And Troubleshoots Qc Failures With Proper Documentation.
4. Participates In Inter And Intra-Departmental Qa Initiatives.
5. Responds To Any Departments? Staffing Needs By Covering Shifts, When Necessary.
6. Maintains Technical Competency And Seeks Clarification When Necessary.
7. Effectively Utilizes All Necessary Lis Functions.
8. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Self Development.
9. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department.
10. Performs And Accurately Evaluates Hematology, Urinalysis, Chemistry, Serology, Blood Bank, And Microbiology Tests, As Directed By Section Manager.
11. Is Able To Prioritize Workload To Ensure Optimal Patient Care.
Bsmt Or Equivalent Required.
Previous Generalist Experience Preferred. Must Be Willing To Cross Train.
Ascp Certification Required Within One Year Of Employment.
The Above Statements Reflect The General Duties And Responsibilities Necessary To Describe The Principal Functions Of The Job, As Identified, And Shall Not Be Considered An Exhaustive List Of Job Responsibilities Which May Be Inherent In The Position. Responsibilities Are Subject To Change.
Need To Orient To Lab Wide Department Procedures And Policies.