To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the direction of the Vice President of Heart and Vascular Center (HVC) and Transplantation Center, the HVC Performance Improvement System Administrator is responsible for ensuring that HVC attains and maintains excellence in quality and safety through performance improvement activities that will be in alignment with the provision of patient centered, high value models of care. The Performance Improvement System Administrator uses managerial, interpersonal, project management, technical and analytical skills, to improve and standardize HVC processes and workflows to successfully meet quality, service, and financial objectives. Responsibilities extend to all HVC locations throughout Yale New Haven Health System
Responsibilities: 1. Lead process improvement strategies, tactics, and optimization activities, in support of HVC and YNHHS corporate objectives and business plans. 2. Plans, implements, and documents annual process improvements and project activities based on structured process improvement methodologies (i.e. Lean, Six Sigma, etc.) with particular focus on standardizing key business and clinical practice-based workflows that will contribute to improvements in operational and clinical outcomes. 3. Develops strong relationships with key physician leaders and builds support for the performance improvement work. 4. Designs and delivers process improvement and project management training programs as necessary. 5. Leads the performance improvement team and directs the performance improvement coordinators and service line educators ensuring that improvement activities are prioritized and integrated with all HVC entities. 6. Develops and implements a training program that supports the performance improvement work throughout all HVC inpatient and ambulatory centers. 7. Facilitates the HVC grand rounds and performance improvement teams to identify, align, and monitor projects along with implementation and development of sustainability plans. 8. Meets YNHHS Standards of Professional Behaviors including demonstrating value for all people in the work environment and modeling YNHHS Standards of Professional behavior for others. 9. Participates in the expansion of HVC by supporting the implementation of standard workflows in acquired facilities/centers and integrating practices into HVC/YNHHS. 10. Contributes to the strategic planning process by identifying process improvement opportunities and issues in support of the overall HVC strategic plan. 11. Initiates registries and collaboratively work with YNHHS abstraction team to ensure data integrity along with the development of focused improvements based upon the data reported. 12. Utilized High Reliability (HRO) to categorize and identify serious safety events. Works in collaboration to perform root cause analysis and action plans with the responsible managers. 13. Ensures the development of performance improvement coordinators to maintain the data integrity of all registries and reports created. Supports the growth of continual learning for performance improvement coordinators and service line educators 14. Work with CPPE to ensure education throughout YNHHS is standardized in HVC. 15. Collaborates with ASRA and all the regulatory bodies to ensure maintenance and achievement of all regulatory bodies including CMS, DPH, and the Joint Commission for house wide accreditation and specialty certifications 16. Works with HVC leadership teams to identify opportunities for improvement regarding improvement in public reporting metrics. 17. Ensures submission of successful improvement work at State, National, and International conferences and or publications.
Master Degree in health care administration or other related field required.
Five to seven years of experience in a complex health care setting, preferably in a multi-site clinical environment, implementing process improvement activities using methodologies such as Lean or Six Sigma etc. Knowledge of primary care practice redesign. Experience working with EMR systems in an ambulatory setting. Strong working knowledge of physician business and clinical office procedures and workflow. Clinical experience is highly desired.
- Registered Nurse Licensure in the State of Connecticut.
- Certification in patient safety or healthcare quality preferred.
- Six Sigma and Lean certification required.
1. Ability to train and supervise employees with clear and accurate direction and guidance that represents Y ?NHH positively and respects diversity is required.
2. Excellent analytical, interpersonal, problem solving, time management, written, oral communication skills are required.
3. Proficiency in Microsoft office tools and computer skills are required.
4. Ability to succeed in a highly complex matrix health system.
1. Submission of clinical reports for operations and nursing practice as required to the Vice President of Heart and Vascular Center (HVC) reviewing current issues within the HVC delivery network operations, clinical practice, including but not limited to the previously identified job responsibilities.
2. Partnering with the HVC Clinical Integration Administrator, and the HVC Administrator for Network Operations, develop, implement, and monitor dashboards to monitor quality improvement initiatives for HVC Network Operations.
4. Models patient service standards and demonstrates value for all people in the work environment; adhering to the Standards of Professional behaviors and CHAMP behaviors.
1. Flexible and adaptable to change; work independently or as a member of the team with all levels of personnel and across departmental lines.
2. Interact with peers, executives and medical staff, patients, families and vendors in a manner that represents
Y-NHHS positively and respects diversity.
3. Hear and communicate with others in a clear, understandable and professional manner on the phone and in person that represents Y-NHHs positively and respects diversity.
Local and regional travel is required in order to provide services and support to practice locations and departments throughout all regions of HVC/YNHHS.