To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the direction of the CMC Director and the Hospitalist Service Director and reporting to the Hospitalist APP Clinical Manager, the CMC Medical Advance Practice Provider (APP) assumes clinical responsibilities for the medical co-management of CMC inpatients, outpatient follow-up of selected CMC patients post-discharge and administrative responsibilities for clinical database management and CMC quality improvement projects.
CMC Medical APP clinical responsibilities include completing consultations and follow-up visits on hospitalized CMC patients and follow-up care of designated CMC outpatients. In this role, the CMC Medical APP will be expected to collaborate with other healthcare professionals throughout the continuum, perform clinical assessments within scope of license, make clinical judgments based upon a synthesis of current research, concepts, principles, theories, and outcomes to solve complex problems, and acquire and manage pertinent patient data.
The CMC Medical APP administrative responsibilities will include the maintenance of databases on quality outcomes and participation in CMC quality improvement projects.
The CMC Medical APP will serve as an integral member of a larger interdisciplinary team contributing to excellence in patient care and quality improvement.
Responsibilities: 1. In conjunction with the physician team, participates in the management CMC inpatients, including admissions to the hip fracture service. 2. Provides inpatient clinical consultation on selected CMC patients (under the supervision of the co-management Hospitalist). 3. Provides education to patients' families, multidisciplinary team members, hospital staff, and community-based providers as needed. 4. Serves as a resource to the CMC APP and resident team for care of the CMC population on site. 5. Ensures adherence to standard clinical pathways. 6. Coordinates continuum of care between the inpatient and outpatient through communication with primary care providers, visiting nurses and skilled nursing facilities. 7. Collaborates with care coordinator and other team members in coordinating discharge plans for patients. 8. Coordinates outpatient care of selected CMC patients, including hip fractures. 9. Engages, if determined by CMC Leadership, in monitoring and tracking of skilled nursing facility adherence to Hip Fracture Pathway and length of stay guidelines. 10. Supports, if determined by CMC Leadership, outpatient osteoporosis clinical evaluation and treatment recommendations (under the supervision of an attending physician). 11. Maintains database of hip fracture patients and associated demographic, clinical and quality outcomes. 12. Engages in management of other CMC databases, as appropriate. 13. Works closely with CMC Quality Lead on designated CMC quality improvement projects. 14. Communicates effectively to maintain positive working relationships and achieve desired outcomes.
Certified as a Physician Assistant by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) or Certified as an Advanced Practice Nurse by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). Acute Care Nurse Practitioner track is preferred. Masters or doctorate level training and graduation from an accredited Physician Assistant, Nurse Practitioner Program.
One to three years preferred.
Connecticut State Licensure, Connecticut Controlled Substance Licensure, DEA licensure, National Board Certification
1. Highly organized and able to multi-task.
2. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
3. Working knowledge of computer/applications to the related field.
4. Ability to work independently, as well as within a team.
5. Knowledge of health education theory and practice.
6. Ability to maintain quality, safety and/or infection control standards.
7. Knowledge of general clinical operations and procedures
8. Willing to learn the management of medical or surgical patients.
9. Knowledge of current principles, methods and procedures for the delivery of medical evaluation, diagnosis and treatment in area of expertise.
10. Knowledge of related accreditation and certification requirements.
11. Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with the clinical work team and various orientation mentors.
12. Ability to organize, prioritize schedule and complete mandatory on the job training assignments.
13. Demonstrated ability to make appropriate independent decisions and to seek advice/oversight when necessary.
14. History of reliability and dedication
15. Must be willing and able to learn new programs as needed and adapt to change.
Reporting directly to the Hospitalist APP Clinical Manager with additional oversight by CMC APP Clinical Manager.