To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
EEO/AA/Disability/Veteran Internship working in Healthcare Information Technology
Under the guidance of Yale New Haven Health\u2019s Information Technology Services (YNHH ITS) leadership, participate in an early career development program for near bachelor degree graduation college students. As a leading healthcare system in the North East US, this opportunity allows the intern real world experience on how technology weaves through patient care. YNHH ITS is a technology organization committed to the delivery of medicine throughout communities through innovative technology, reliable infrastructure, high-performance computing, web development, mobile technologies, project management, information security and new horizons in the Internet of Things (IoT).
During this internship, students enjoy a hands-on challenge in a range of settings where learning and professional growth are everyday experiences. Our commitment to ongoing education and advancement enables our interns to gain IT skills and awareness of career paths they might not otherwise have considered. Rotations are available in in various IT disciplines, system administration, web, applications development, user training, network engineering, project management, change management, information security and much more.
Through this internship program, students:
\u2022 Gain exposure to the business side of health care with long-term potential for managerial responsibility.
\u2022 Enjoy a diverse, multicultural environment where their efforts are supported by a dynamic, family-friendly atmosphere that values commitment, skill, and collaboration.
\u2022 Have the opportunity to work with a supportive team and be mentored by highly professional staff
\u2022 Learn the importance of customer care and patient experience.
Candidate should be entering their junior or senior year for bachelor\u2019s degree year in fields related to technology, engineering, healthcare, and other applicable disciplines.
The Yale New Haven Health System is seeking high performing students for intern positions within its Information Systems department.
• Determining applications of Augmented Intelligence (AI) in the current IT ecosystem
• Overall operations of medical technology (Everything from thermometers to surgical robotics)
• Opportunity to develop web interfaces for patients and employees to have improved user experiences
• Improve the security and movement of image files for patient diagnosis in a highly secured environment
• Collaborate with teams working in iPhone Apps which allow caregivers to contact each other
• Assess and build interfaces for patient\u2019s blood draws to be easier in their everyday life (Mobility and Apps)
• Cybersecurity and Medical Device Security
• Management and Analytics of employees gaining access and better using technology (chat bots, password resets, self service)
• Patient Access Center and Strategies
• Capstone Projects in conjunction with fellow interns at YNHHS from varying backgrounds, to understand the long term strategies of healthcare to improve patients\u2019 care