To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under Direct Supervision Of A Pharmacist Assists In The Preparation Of Oral And Injectable Medication Doses; And In The Overall Distribution, Preparation, Handling And Storage Of Pharmaceuticals. In The Absence Of The Anesthesia And Narcotics/Purchasing Technician, The Technician Will Be Able To Support The Position Functions.
Responsibilities: 1. Supports And Maintains Regular Review Of Medication Systems, Automated Dispensing Machine (Pyxis, Cii Safe), Code Carts, Tpa Kits, Eye Kits, Etc., And Restocks In An Appropriate/Timely Manner.
2. Reviews Medication Supply Checking For Outdated Drugs And Replacement In All Areas Of The Hospital.
3. Adequately Supports/Maintains The Medication Distribution System. (Iv, Ud, Pyxis Packaging, Chemotherapy).
4. Communicates Problems To The Pharmacist Including Any Special Or Technical Problems Related To Patient Care.
5. Familiar With And Able To Perform Basic Functions Of Specialty Technician Assignments (Or/Anesthesia, Purchasing/Narcotic, Etc.).
6. Prepare Iv/Chemo Products In A Safe Manner Consistent With Current Standards Of Practice And Prepare Other Pharmaceutical Products Consistent With Good Manufacturing Practices And Current Hospital Policy And Procedure.
7. Assures Work Areas Are Adequately Stocked And Maintained To Assure Quality Operation Of The Pharmacy.
8. Assures Adequate Documentation And Knowledge Of Pharmacy/Hospital Policies And Procedures To Assure Compliance With Jcaho And Regulatory Standards Under The Supervision Of A Licensed Pharmacist.
9. Remains Adaptable To Using Basic Office Equipment And Pharmaceutical Devices To Support The Job Functions.
10. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
11. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
High School Diploma
Previous Hospital Experience As A Pharmacy Technician Preferred.
Registration With The State Of Connecticut Department Of Consumer Protection Required By Completetion Of Probationary Period And Certification (Cpht) Preferred.
Good Communication Skills, Position Typically Covers Every Other Weekend.
6 To 8 Weeks On The Job Training To Learn All Aspects Of The Position.