To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Reports To The Ultrasound Medical Director And Manager Of The Ultrasound Department, Performs Diagnostic Ultrasounds, Participates In Teaching, Maintaining Patient Workflow And Perform Clerical Duties As Required.
Responsibilities: 1. Performs Diagnostic Ultrasound Scans As Ordered By The Physicians.
2. Assist Radiologist/Clinicians During Imaging And/Or Interventional Procedures.
3. Must Be Competent In All Areas Of General Diagnostic Ultrasound Tests Including: Small Parts, Breast, Abdominal, Ob/Gyn, High Risk Ob, Pediatric Abdomen And Hips And Cover Off Hour Shifts. 4. Is Also Willing To Assist, If Needed And Qualified, To Perform Vascular Exams.
5. Aids In Inventory Of Supplies, Procuring, Storing And Maintaining Equipment.
6. Responsible For The Well-Being Of Patients While They Are In The Ultrasound Department, Reassures And Comforts Patients As Required.
7. Assists In Scheduling, Arranging Transportation And Workflow Of Patients In The Ultrasound Department.
8. Aids In Administrative Functions Including Answering Phones, Coordinating With Other Departments, Preparing Reports And Correspondence And Other Such Assignments Related To The Ultrasound Department.
9. Rotates Weekend, On Call And Holidays With Fellow Sonographers.
10. Responsible For The Cleanliness And Neatness Of The Ultrasound Department.
11. Participates In The Planning Of Routine Maintenance Of All Ultrasound Equipment And Responsible For Safety Of Such Equipment.
12. Participates In Training Of Co-Workers And Students.
13. Prepares And Maintains Accurate Records As Directed Including Entering Information Into The Computer.
14. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
15. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
Graduate Of An Approved Ultrasound Program. Must Meet Requirements Of Ardms To Apply For The Abdomen Or Ob/Gyn Registry Exam. Must Have A Working Knowledge Of Pertinent Equipment, Scanning Techniques, Patient Care, And Evaluating Patient Status And Emergency Situations.
Documented One Year Fulltime Ultrasound Clinical Experience; Or Completion Of A Formal Two Year Program Or Equivalent In Another Allied Health Profession; Or One Year Ultrasound Clinical Experience With Bachelor?S Degree Unrelated To Ultrasound Technology .
Breast Registry,Vascular And Neurosonology A Plus.