To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
This Position Is Responsible For And Being Proficient In All Aspects Of Ct Scanning And Diagnostic Imaging. Performs A Variety Of Radiologic Procedures At A Technical Level; Assumes Responsibility For Designated Areas Or Procedures As Required. Frequent Contact With Acutely Ill Patients; Exposure To Interventional Procedures, Body Fluids, And Radiation. .
Responsibilities: 1. Provides Care To Patients While Undergoing Ct And Diagnostic Imaging Exams
2. Informs And Provides Patients With Full Details And Expectations Of Their Procedure.
3. Maintains Knowledge And Competency To Perform Diagnostic Exams On Multi Slice Ct Scanners On All Patient Populations.
4. Facilitates Patient Flow Including Ability To Prioritize And Patients As Needed, Including Inpatients, Emergency Room Patients And Urgent Outpatients From Doctors Offices
5. Consistently Produces Diagnostic Quality Radiographs By Using Proper Technical Factors And Patient Positioning.
6. Completes All Paperwork And Patient Documentation In An Accurate And Timely Manner.
7. Effectively Communicates With Team Members And Other Departments To Maximize Excellent Patient Care.
8. Employee Is Proficient And Can Safely Operate All Equipment According To Manufacturer?S Specification And Under Alara Radiation Guidelines.
9. Follows All Procedures On Safe Patient Interactions And Body Mechanics.
10. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
11. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
High School Degree Or G.E.D. Required. Must Have Satisfactorily Completed A Formal Radiologic Technology Training Program In An A.M.A. Approved School And Meets Requirements For Registry By The Arrt.
One (1) To Two (2) Years Experience In Ct Department Preferred. Previous Radiographic Experience Required.
Must Hold A Current Connecticut State License In Radiologic Technology Or Obtain Licensure As Soon As They Become Registered. Arrt Rt And Ct Required.
Cross Training Program Applicants Will Have 12 Months To Acquire The Advanced Ct Certification After Completion Of All Competencies Deemed Necessary For The Program.
Four To Eight Weeks Training Based On Experience