To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Performs Laboratory Assays On A Variety Of Patient Samples Such As Blood And Body Fluids, Evaluates Data For Accuracy And Appropriateness, And Reports Results To Clinicians For Patient Diagnosis And Treatment.
Responsibilities: 1. Follows All Laboratory And Hospital Safety Policies.
2. Operates All Department Equipment Safely And According To Manufacturer Guidelines. Performs Preventative Maintenance And Troubleshoots Instrument Failures To Best Of Ability Alerting Proper Personnel Of Equipment Problems.
3. Follows All Department Qc Procedures And Troubleshoots Qc Failures With Proper Documentation.
4. Takes Part In Inter And Intra-Department Qa Initiatives.
5. Responds To Department Staffing Needs By Covering Extra Shifts When Necessary.
6. Maintains Technical Competency And Seeks Clarification When Necessary.
7. Effectively Utilizes All Necessary Lis Functions.
8. Assists Supervisor In Maintaining Adequate Inventory Of Reagents And Supplies Necessary For Testing.
9. Collects Blood Samples, Accurately Identifying And Labeling Patient Sample According To Laboratory Policy. Utilizes Proper Phlebotomy Techniques And Appropriate Specimen Containers.
10. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
11. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
12. Performs And Evaluates For Accuracy All Stat Procedures In The Chemistry And Serology Sections.
13. Is Able To Prioritize Stat Testing To Ensure Optimal Patient Care.
14. Follows Laboratory Guidelines With Regards To Reporting Panic Or Critical Lab Results And Is Able To Explain Antibody Problems Or Transfusion Delays To Clinicians.
15. Performs And Interprets Routine And Advanced Immunohematologic Procedures, Such As Types And Screens Antibody Panels And Antigen Typings, As Indicated.
16. Prepares And Issues Appropriate Blood And Blood Components For Transfusion.
17. Evaluates Patients For Rhig Candidacy And Orders Such Appropriately.
18. Performs And Evaluates For Accuracy All Stat And Routine Testing In The Hematology Section.
19. Using Appropriate Media, Plates All Cerebral Spinal Fluid Cultures Received On Night Shift.
20. Performs Rapid Beta Strep Screens, Upon Request.
21. Prepares And Stains Gram Stains For Physician Review, Upon Request.
22. Performs Fetal Fibronectin Testing, Upon Request.
Bachelor?S Degree In Medical Technology Or Equivalent Required.
Previous Experience Desirable But Not Required.
American Society Of Clinical Pathologists Certification (Mt-Ascp) Preferred.
The Above Statements Reflect The General Duties And Responsibilities Necessary To Describe The Principal Functions Of The Job, As Identified, And Shall Not Be Considered An Exhaustive List Of Job Responsibilities Which May Be Inherent In The Position. Responsibilities Are Subject To Change.
Needs To Orient To Department Procedures And Policies.