To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Performs Wound Care Consultation For The Management And Education Of Patients With Pressure Ulcers, Ostomies, Draining Wounds And Tissue Trauma; Serves As A Consultant And Resource Person To Members Of Nursing Service Staff, And Physicians To Increase Their Competence In Caring For This Select Patient Population; Participates In Education Programs And Appropriate Hospital And Community Activities.
1. Assesses Learning Needs Of Nursing Staff; Assists Them In Increasing Competence In Care Of Patients At Risk For Pressure Ulcer Development, Patients With Ulcers, Ostomies, Draining Wounds And Tissue Trauma Through Conferences And Demonstration Of Care.
2. Acts As Consultant To Staff, Colleagues, Consumers And Allied Health Professionals (I.E., Hospice); Plans And Conducts Educational Programs; Conducts Ostomy, Wound Drainage And Skin Care Orientation As Requested By Wound Care Clinical Coordinator And Nurse Managers.
3. Demonstrates Knowledge And Skill In Use Of Ostomy And Skin Care Products And Selects And Orders Appropriate Supplies For Patient; Conducts Comparison Studies Of Products And Methods Of Treatment As Needed.
4. Works Closely With The Clinical Coordinator Of Wound Care To Develop Teaching Materials For Use With Patients Who Have Ostomy Surgery.
5. Provides Community Agencies With Education, Support And Information In The Care Of Patients With Ostomies, Draining Wounds And Tissue Trauma.
6. Assesses Needs Of Patients With Ostomies, Pressure Ulcers, Draining Wounds And Tissue Trauma.
7. Selects And Marks Stoma Sites As Ordered By Physician.
8. Demonstrates Knowledge Of Available Equipment And Selects Appropriately For Individual Patient Needs; Evaluates And Makes Recommendations For Changes In Equipment And Related Products Utilized In The Hospital For Ostomy, Wound And Skin Care Management.
9. Recognizes The Psychosocial, Emotional And Sexual Adjustments Of Stoma Patients And Implements Appropriate Intervention.
10. Participates In Conducting And Report Findings Of Prevalence Studies Re: Pressure Ulcers On A Quarterly Basis.
11. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
12. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
Graduate Of An Approved School Of Nursing; Bsn Required Within Three Years Of Assuming Position.
Minimum Of Three (3) Years As A Nurse, Preferably In An Acute Care Setting
Must Have A Current State Of Connecticut Nursing License.
Wound Certification Required Within One Year Of Date Of Hire.