To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Application Of Nursing Principles In The Prevention, Recognition And Treatment Of Work-Related Illness/Injury, While Protecting And Promoting The Health And Safety Of Area Employees. Case Management To Actively Promote Prompt Return To Work And Minimize Lost Time.
Responsibilities: 1. Required To Cross Train And Work In Employee Health As Scheduled.
2. Utilizes Interview And Observation Techniques To Perform Individualized Nursing Assessments To Document Complete Data Relating To Work Injuries/Illnesses And Medical Surveillance.
3. Communicates Significant Assessment Data With Other Staff Members.
4. Seeks Assistance When Care Needs Are Beyond Scope Of Own Experience And Knowledge.
5. Recognizes Subtle Signs Of Imminent Danger And/Or Change In Health Status.
6. Identifies Problems And Participates In Problem Solving Process.
7. Collaborates With Clinical Coordinator To Establish And Implement High Quality Patient/Company Protocols/Guidelines.
8. Demonstrates The Ability To Function Independently.
9. Demonstrates Commitment To Collaborative Practice Among Physician, Nurse, Aprn/Pa,Employer, Medical Assistants, Case Managers, Administrative Staff And Carriers.
10. Demonstrates Competency In Performing Spirometry, Audiometry, Ekg, Urine Drug Collection Screen, Breath Alcohol Testing, And Worker?S Compensation Case Management.
11. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
12. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
Graduate Of An Approved School Of Nursing, Bsn Preferred
Minimum 3-5 Year Nursing Experience Preferably With Experience In An Occupational Or Employee Health Setting Within The Past Five To Ten Years.
Current State Of Connecticut Registered Nursing License.
Computer Skills Required.
Units Specific Orientation