To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Assists With Care Of The Patient Throughout The Perioperative Experience. Performs Scrub And Related Duties With A Registered Nurse. Is Responsible For The Immediate Sterile Field And Instrumentation. Assists With Preparation, Maintenance And Cleanup Of Supplies And Equipment. Responsible For Sterilization Of Equipment And Instruments When Necessary. Prepares Operating Room For Surgical Procedures. Provides Assistance To Nursing And Anesthesia Staff. Assists With Inventory Management As Well As Equipment Maintenance. Provides Any Supportive Duties That May Be Necessary For The Efficient, Effective, Productive Provision Of Patient Care And Department Flow.
Responsibilities: 1. Implements Actions To Maintain A Safe Environment For The Patient To Include But Not Limited To: 2. Positioning 3. ?Time Out? 4. Medication Management 5. Prevention Of Nosocomial Infection
6. Implements Actions To Prevent Patient Injury From: Positioning, Extraneous Objects, Medications, Infection, Chemical/Physical/Electrical Hazards.
7. Demonstrates Knowledge Of All Skills And Principles Necessary In The Role (I.E. Asepsis, Hazmat, Blood Borne Pathogens.
8. Prepares And Organizes Materials Recognizing Special Needs Of Patient, Procedure And/Or Surgeon.
9. Assist In Room Preparation When Required.
10. Checks And Maintains Department Equipment And Supplies.
11. Safely Operates All Equipment According To Manufacturer Specifications. Insures All Necessary Instrumentation And Equipment Are In Working Order.
12. Implements Case Breakdown Procedure Insuring Minimal Downtime Between Cases / Assists In Room Turnover.
13. Demonstrates Clinical And Technical Skills According To Established Standards Of Practice.
14. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
15. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Asc.
High School Diploma Or Equivalent. Graduate Of Approved School Of Allied Health Or Surgical Technology. Cpr Certification Required.
Operating Room Experience Preferred.
National Certification Required.
Unit Specific Orientation Required.