To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our
Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
At Bridgeport Hospital, we are committed to providing quality medical care and treatment that is coordinated and
centered on the patient\u2019s specific needs. We strive to achieve benchmarks as a Patient Centered Medical Home and
provide health care in a setting where patients are at the center of their care team. All employees of Bridgeport
Hospital are part of the patients care team and contribute to the team approach of promoting access, continuous,
comprehensive care and work to provide quality improvement in the care provided to their patients.
Reports to the Administrative Director, Geriatric Services and Patient Relations. Ensures the practice maintains productivity measures and improves operations, service and satisfaction among patients, staff and physicians. Recommends, develops and implements policy and procedures related to office staff functions. Supports special projects, as directed. Supervises staff and operations including the front desk function, scheduling and executing patient visits, charge entry, and patient accounts follow up for the practice. Exemplifies behaviors reflecting Service Excellence and support of the Strategic Dimensions by modeling the Core Success Factors as described in the Performance Review. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
1. Supervise front end operations of the revenue cycle with focus on patient registration, appointment scheduling, eligibility, charge capture, and site-based charge entry. Use performance standards related to
these functions to routinely evaluate practice performance. Provide direction to staff and providers to improve performance on these measures. Work with Financial Operations to monitor claim process at the practice and work with staff to improve performance. Identify, disseminate, and educate physicians and practice staff on third party billing policies as evidenced by billing and AR trends. Assure that physician -billing activities are in compliance with third party rules and regulations i.e. authorization, pre-certification.
2. Coordinate the operational aspects of the practice including:
(1) Develop practice policies and procedures.
(2) Train all staff on systems, policies and procedures.
(3) Gather, monitor and disseminate practice data.
(4) Provide on site,hands on support during go live on various systems.
(5) Evaluate work processes at the site and determine changes required to improve service and performance.
(6) Manage service and supply vendors, practice expenses, and facility.
(7) On-board new employees and ensure staff provide superior support and service .
3. Assists in the analysis and interpretation of financial, productivity and operating reports. Present reports to physicians and practice leadership. Researches budget variances and communicates corrective actions.
4. Coordinate IT functions and services at the practice. Develop working knowledge of operation processes from scheduling to dropping a clean claim, including but not limited to, all of NEMG and delivery network
databases and how that information flows through practice management system.
5. Recruits, orients and trains new staff who utilize the practice management system applications of
registration, scheduling, eligibility, charge capture and site based charge entry. Provides on going training and
retraining to staff on practice management systems and service to patients, families, and providers.
Supervises staff, provides performance feedback, completes performance reviews, and utilizes disciplinary
process appropriately when necessary.
6. Manages practice supply vendor relationships including ordering and tracking of supplies, negotiating pricing ,
and payment to vendors.
7. Performs administrative duties including completing payroll, preparing and /or processing check
requests, and scheduling for practice leadership. Performs other duties as required.
8. Participates in appropriate seminars and in-services and maintains knowledge of medical billing and practice
management best practices.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree preferred. Associate's degree with three years supervisory experience required.
EXPERIENCE: Three to five years of healthcare supervisory and operations experience including responsibility for medical billing function.
Excellent written and oral communication skills. Proficient with Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of health care industry desirable. Ability to multitask high volume activity, other practice management software. Ability to deal with all levels of management and different types of staff.
Responsible for the timely and accurate completion of projects and support of practice initiatives and reporting. Responsible for effectively managing the time and expectations of staff, providers, patients, families and other customers.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: Member of MGMA with access to association materials and databases.