To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Provides Technical Support To Internal And External Customers By Efficiently Performing A Wide Variety Of Tasks Utilizing Digital And Picture And Archive Communications Systems (Pacs) Technology With The Ultimate Goal Of Accurate And Efficient Utilization Of Electronic/Manual Imaging Data Storage, Reporting And Distribution Methodologies. Identifies, Assists, Monitors And Resolves Electronic Data Assuring The Integrity Of The Radiology Informatics Systems.
Responsibilities: 1. Assists The Radiologist, Other Physicians And Staff In The Execution Of Their Duties By Acting As A Resource Person For Timely, Effective Use Of Services, Both In Electronic And Manual Modalities.
2. Troubleshoot, Resolve, And Document Unread Studies Log, Exam Problems, And Service Call In Order To Meet Established Turn Around Times Of Exam Availability.
3. Assists In Maintaining And Resolving Proper Data Management Utilizing Reports And Resources On All Related Radiology Information Systems.
4. Periodically Checks Desktop Viewing To Ensure Proper Operation Of Workstations Hospital-Wide.
5. Perform Daily Qa On Radiology Exams Ensuring The Exam Matches The Orders And Rotate Images As Needed.
6. Assist The Pacs Administrator With Training New Users Such As Referring Physicians And General Medical Staff.
7. Retrieves And/Or Creates Patients? Electronic Folders And Physical Radiology Jackets. Transport Films Between Main Hospital Site And 900 Bank Street.
8. Digitize Exams Not On Pac?S And Scan In Radiology Report.
9. Accesses Reports And Other Patient Or Exam Data Via The Ris, Pacs And Related Software Systems.
10. Communicates Reports And / Or Image Data To The Appropriate Physicians Office In A Timely Manner.
11. Reprints And Packages Soft Copy Images Via Pacs Film, And/Or Cd?S For Distribution And Delivery To Physician Offices Utilizing Proper Quality Assurance Measures.
12. May Cross Train To Cover Secretarial Vacancies Due To Open Positions, Vacations, Sick Calls, Fmla, Etc.
13. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
14. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
High School Diploma Or Equivalent
Minimum Of 2 Years Medical Office Secretary/Clerical Support. Prior Radiology Experience Strongly Preferred.
Valid Ct Drivers License With A Clean Record.
Demonstrated Proficiency Of Personal Computer Operating Systems, Assembly, Software Applications. Computer Hardware, And Networking.
3 To 6 Months On The Job Training To Be Able To Function Independently.