To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Serves As A Liaison Between Central Service And The Operating Room. Facilitates Continuous Communication As It Relates To Surgical Instruments, Supplies, Implants, And Equipment Provided Through The Case Cart System To Ensure Efficient Turnovers In The Operating Room.
Responsibilities: 1. Ensures Supplies And Equipment Needs Of The Operating Room Are Met.
2. Facilitates Accuracy Of Case Carts, Equipment, And Supplies.
3. Anticipates The Needs Of The Surgical Team.
4. Keeps Up To Date With The Or Schedule, Noting Cancellations And Additions Which Impact Schedule.
5. Establishes And Maintains Communications With Central Service/Operating Room Leadership
6. Coordinates Consignment And Vendor Instrumentation.
7. Tracks Implants To Ensure Case Carts Are Complete For Day Of Surgery.
8. Contacts Vendors To Ensure That Implants Will Be Received 48-72 Hours Prior To Surgery.
9. Serves As Core Tech When Assigned, Responding To Or Needs.
10. Picks Cases, Including Add On Cases, And Is Available For Any Pressing Operating Room Needs.
11. Assembles Instrument Sets, Performs Instrument Set Second Checks.
12. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
13. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
High School Diploma Or Equivalent. Graduate Of Approved School Of Allied Health Or Surgical Technology Preferred.
Strong Background Knowledge Of Operating Room Environment, Including Standard Precautions In The Perioperative Setting.
National Surgical Technology Certificationpreferred. Certification Through The International Association Of Healthcare Central Service Material Management (Iahcsmm) Within One Year Of Hire.
Unit Specific Orientation Required.