To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Performs A Variety A Radiologic Procedures At A Technical Level; Assumes Responsibility For Designated Areas Or Procedures, As Required; Performs Senior Level Tasks In Their Designated Specialty.
Responsibilities: 1. 1.Safely Operates All Equipment According To Manufacturer Specification And Within Radiation Guidelines.
2. 2.Is Able To Organize The Department In Terms Of Supplies And Patient Flow
3. 3. Is Able To Determine And To Project Possible Needs For The Department.
4. 9.Is Able To Organize Information And Inform Technologists Of Changes (I.E. Techniques, Machinery, Film, Routines) In A Logical And Timely Fashion. Maintains Good Communication With Team Members And Other Departments To Maximize Quality Of Care.
5. 4.Performs All Functions As Staff Radiology Technologist Including Setting Technique, Positioning, Film Critique Etc. Demonstrates Technical Expertise For Acquiring The Highest Quality Diagnostic Films, Adjusting Technical Factors For Body Habitus, Age And Weight.
6. 5.Performs Venopuncture, Vital Signs, Injects Contrast Media And Provides Patient Care For Diagnostic Procedures.
7. 6.Assist?S Supervisor With Special Projects Ordering Supplies, Schedule Changes Etc
8. 7.Acts /Fills In For The Traffic Controller In Their Absence. Coordinates The Change Of Shifts And Is In Charge On The Weekends.
9. 8.Performs Qa Daily On Processors. Helps With Quality Assurance And Repeat Analysis.
10. 9. Attention To Detail In Accurate Completion Of Paperwork. I.E., Exam Charging, Markers, Contrast Form Etc.
11. 10.Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
12. 11. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department.
Must Be A High School Graduate Or Have A G.E.D; Has Satisfactory Completed A Formal Radiologic Technology Training In An A.M.A. Approved School And Meets Requirements For Registry By The A.R.R.T.
Five (5) Years Experience In A Specialty Clinical Area. Two (2) Years Practice Training In A Formally Recognized Hospital Based Program Necessary.
Must Hold A Current Connecticut State License In Radiologic Technology.