To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under Direct Supervision Of An Oncology Pharmacist Assists In The Preparation Of Oral And Injectable Medication Doses; And In The Overall Distribution, Preparation, Handling And Storage Of Pharmaceuticals.
Responsibilities: 1. Supports And Maintains Regular Review Of Medication Systems, Automated Dispensing Machines, Code Carts, Medication Kits, Etc., And Restocks In An Appropriate/Timely Manner.
2. Reviews Medication Supply Checking For Outdated Drugs And Replacement In All Areas Of The Hospital.
3. Adequately Supports/Maintains The Medication Distribution System. (Iv, Ud, Adm?S Packaging, Chemotherapy).
4. Communicates Problems To The Pharmacist Including Any Special Or Technical Problems Related To Patient Care.
5. Proficient In Proper Sterile Usp 797 Compounding Activities, Including Preparation, Cleaning And Disposal Of Parenteral Products Including Chemotherapeutic Agents.
6. Prepare Iv/Chemo Products In A Safe Manner Consistent With Current Standards Of Practice And Prepare Other Pharmaceutical Products Consistent With Good Manufacturing Practices And Current Hospital Policy And Procedure.
7. Assures Work Areas Are Adequately Stocked And Maintained To Assure Quality Operation Of The Pharmacy. Ability To Procure Inventory Through Distributors Including Preparation Of Purchase Orders And Closure Of Outstanding Orders From Vendors.
8. Assures Adequate Documentation And Knowledge Of Pharmacy/Hospital Policies And Procedures To Assure Compliance With Jcaho And Regulatory Standards Under The Supervision Of A Licensed Pharmacist.
9. Remains Adaptable To Using Basic Office Equipment And Pharmaceutical Devices To Support The Job Functions.
10. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
11. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
High School Diploma, College Degree Preferred
Previous Hospital Experience With Proficiency In Sterile Compounding As A Pharmacy Technician. Two Years Experience In Preparation Of Chemotherapeutic Agents.
Registration With The State Of Connecticut Department Of Consumer Protection Required By Completion Of Probationary Period And Maintained As Well As Maintain Continuous Certification As A Pharmacy Technician (Cpht)
Good Communication Skills, Position Typically Covers Every Other Weekend.
6 To 8 Weeks On The Job Training To Learn All Aspects Of The Position.