To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Reports To The Medical Director And Manager Of The Cardiovascular Ultrasound Lab, Performs Diagnostic Vascular Studies, Adult And Pediatric Echoes, Neurosonography. Participate In Teaching, Maintaining Patient Workflow And Perform Clerical Duties As Required.
Responsibilities: 1. Perform All Vascular (Imaging And Non-Imaging) Exams And Adult And Pediatric Echocardiograms As Ordered By The Physicians.
2. Assist Radiologist/Cardiologists During Imaging And/Or Interventional Procedures.
3. Must Be Competent In Carotid Doppler, Venous Doppler, Extremity Doppler, Non-Imaging Diagnostic Testing , Adult Echoes, Pediatric Echoes, Neurosonography And Tees And Cover Off Hour Shifts.
4. Aids In Inventory Of Supplies, Procuring, Storing And Maintaining Equipment.
5. Responsible For The Well-Being Of Patients While They Are In The Cardiovascular Lab, Reassures And Comforts Patients As Required.
6. Assist In Scheduling, Arranging Transportation And Workflow Of Patients In The Cardiovascular Lab.
7. Aids In Administrative Functions Including Answering Phones, Coordinating With Other Departments, Preparing Reports And Correspondence And Other Such Assignments Related To The Cardiovascular Lab.
8. Rotates Weekends, Evenings And Holidays And Call With Fellow Sonographers.
9. Responsible For The Cleanliness And Neatness Of The Cardiovascular Laboratory.
10. Participates In The Planning Of Routine Maintenance Of All Ultrasound Equipment And Responsible For Safety Of Such Equipment.
11. Participates In Training Of Co-Workers And Students.
12. Prepares And Maintains Accurate Records As Directed Including Entering Information Into The Computer.
13. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
14. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
Graduate Of An Approved Ultrasound, Vascular Or Cardiovascular Technology Program. (Please See Registry Requirements Below.) Must Have A Working Knowledge Of Pertinent Equipment, Scanning Techniques, Patient Care, And Evaluating Patient Status And Emergency Situations.
Documented One Year Fulltime Cardiovascular Clinical Experience; Or Completion Of A Formal Two Year Program Or Equivalent In Another Allied Health Profession; Or One Year Cardiovascular Clinical Experience With Bachelor?S Degree Unrelated To Cardiovascular Technology.
Additional Rdcs In Pediatric Echo And Neurosonography A Plus.
Candidates Meeting The Requirements For The Above Training In Cardiac And/Or Vascular Training Or General Ultrasound Will Be Considered For Cross Training In The Cardiovascular Lab.