To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under The Direction And Supervision Of The Charge/Resource Rn, Coordinates All Patient Care Activities. Responsible For Transcribing Physician Orders And All Activities Related To Completion Of Those Orders. Communicates All Information To Various Levels.
Responsibilities: 1. Exhibits Ability To Prioritize Activities.
2. Assists Others In Obtaining And Sharing Pertinent Information. Notifies Appropriate Rn Or Department Of Stat Orders. Coordinates Desk Communication Activities During A Code Situation.
3. Serves As Resource To Staff Regarding Protocol Requirements And Sequences For Lab Tests, Radiology Procedures, The O. R. And Their Checklist Which Includes Consent Forms.
4. Accurately Transcribes Physician?S Orders Into Computer, On Kardex Or Manually On Requisition.
5. Schedules Patients For Special Tests With Appropriate Departments And Relays Pertinent Information.
6. Maintains Patient Records By Accurately Dating And Recording All Tpr?S Sheets, Recording 24 Hour Intake And Output On Graphic Sheet As Requested, Stocking Charts, Preparing Intake And Output Sheets And Organizing Discharge Patient Records.
7. Coordinates All Documentation Necessary For Interdepartmental Transfers And Discharges To Other Facilities. Checks Pre-Op Charts For Completion Of Consent Forms, Tests, Etc. And Notifies Rn Of Missing Information. Changes Charts For Pending Surgery Or Diagnostic Tests
8. Orders Unit Supplies From Central Service Or Stockroom As Needed.
9. Maintains Accurate Census Count Of The Unit.
10. Assists In Data Collection, Qa And Statistical Tracking Of Unit Activities. Maintains Appropriate Logbooks In Designated Areas. Enter Appropriate Patient Charges.
11. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
12. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
13. Coordinates All Incoming Emergency Calls To Psychiatry And Crisis From 4:30pm Daily And Weekends.
14. Compliant In All Aspects Of Direct Psychiatric Admissions.
15. Assists In Data Collection Cqi And Statistical Tracking Of Unit Activities, Payroll And Time Cards.
16. Records Changes On Posted Time Schedule As They Occur. Maintains Staffing And Assignment Sheets.
17. Contact With Family Members And Significant Support People For The Purpose Of Multi-Family Support Groups.
High School Diploma Or Equivalent.
Related Work Experiences A Plus. Must Have Basic Knowledge Of Anatomy, Physiology, Medical Terminology And An Understanding Of Medications.
Must Have Basic Knowledge Of Anatomy, Physiology, Medical Terminology And An Understanding Of Medications. Must Possess Good Computer Skills And Excellent Communication Skills.Must Possess Good Computer Skills And Excellent Communication Skills.
Hospital And Unit Based Orientation Provided