To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Applies Nursing Principles In The Prevention, Recognition And Treatment Of Work-Related Illness/Injury, While Protecting And Promoting The Health And Safety Of Hospital Employees. Utilizes Case Management To Actively Promote Prompt Return To Work And Minimize Lost Time.
Responsibilities: 1. Utilizes Interview And Observation Techniques To Perform Individualized Nursing Assessments To Document Complete Data Relating To Work Injuries/Illnesses, Pre-Employment Screening, Respirator Fit Testing For N-95s, And Medical Surveillance.
2. Communicates Significant Assessment Data To Medical Director, Program Manager, And Other Staff Members.
3. Seeks Assistance When Care Needs Are Beyond Scope Of Own Experience And Knowledge.
4. Recognizes Subtle Signs Of Imminent Danger And/Or Change In Health Status.
5. Identifies Problems And Participates In Problem Solving Process.
6. Collaborates With Program Manager To Establish And Implement High Quality Patient/Hospital Protocols/Guidelines.
7. Demonstrates The Ability To Function Independently.
8. Demonstrates Commitment To Collaborative Practice Among Physician, Nurse, Aprn/Pa, Hr, Supervisors, And Third Party Administrators
9. Demonstates Ability To Effectively Use Systoc Software, Especially Emr Functions.
10. Meets Unit Specific Requirements: Worker?S Compensation Case Management, Maintains Current Knowledge Of Osha, State And Federal Statutes Relating To The Workplace, Performs Urine Drug Screen Collections, And Respirator Fit Testing.
11. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
12. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
Graduate Of An Approved School Of Nursing, Bsn Preferred
Minimum 5 Years Nursing Experience In An Occupational Health Setting Required
Current State Of Connecticut Registered Nursing License
Unit Specific Orientation