To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Health Record Analyst Performs Specialized Functions Within The Him Department. These Functions May Include Daily Processing Of Medical Record Documents Into Hpf And Reconciliation Of Discharge And Outpatient Medical Records To Ensure All Records Have Been Received. Contributes To The Effective Operation Of Him To Meet The Needs Of External And Internal Customers. Participates In Ongoing Education, Staff Development Programs And Departmental Meetings. Prepares, Assembles, Analyzes, Files/Retrieves, And Purges Highly Confidential Patient Records, Both Manual And Computerized. Performs Ongoing Quality Review Of Computerized Mpi Data Related To Assignment Of A Unique Patient Record Number For Each Patient; Controls The Flow Of Confidential Information Ensuring Prompt Access When Necessary For Patient Care Or Reimbursement Yet Protecting The Patient?S Privacy In All Cases.
Responsibilities: 1. Prepares Medical Records For Scanning. Scans, Indexes And Reviews Process To Facilitate Accurate Processing Of Information Into Hpf.
2. Retrieves And Prepares Stored Patient Records, Hard Copy Or Micro-Media; Delivers To Patient Care Or Review Areas According To Department Policy.
3. Assembles Patient Record, Filing Clinical And Narrative Reports In The Patient Record, Following Policy Related To The Order Of The Patient Record.
4. Retrieves Patient Records Following Patient Care Encounters, Or Clinical Care Review Episodes, Using Investigative Skills To Locate All Patient Records To Ensure Availability For Patient Care.
5. Distributes Copies Of Dictated Reports, Attestation Sheets And Admission Face Sheets To The Physician Mailboxes To Allow For Physician Recording And Reimbursement.
6. Runs Computer Reports Related To Unbilled Inpatient, Ods And Obv Accounts To Ensure Prompt Billing And Reimbursement.
7. Analyzes Patient Records Following Patient Visits, Inpatient And Outpatient; Notes Deficiencies On Computerized System To Ensure The Completeness Of The Patient Record For Continuing Care And Reimbursement.
8. Maintains Chart Tracking System, Manual And Computerized, To Ensure That All Charts Are Available For Patient Care And Review Including That By Third Party Payors.
9. Receives Dictated Reports, Checking Each Document For Accuracy Of Demographics Including Patient Record Number, And Files Each Document In The Appropriate Location, Patient Record Or Other Location For Easy Retrieval.
10. Identifies Patient Record Number Discrepancies, Performs Corrections In The Computer And Notifies Other Data Manager Of The Necessity Of Correction.
11. Retrieves Patient Records For Correspondence Requests From Attorneys, Third Party Payors, Outside Reviewers, Physicians? Offices And Other Departments Within The Hospital Upon Appropriate Authorization.
12. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
13. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
High School Diploma Required. Successful Completion Of A Medical Terminology Course Preferred.
Previous Experience In A Health Information Management Department Or Similar Setting Preferred.
Must Be Competent With Microsoft Office Particularly Word And Excel And Have Proven Customer Service Skills As Well As The Ability To Work Collaboratively In A Team Environment. Must Be Able To Communicate Effectively Using The English Language With Internal And External Customers. Must Be Able To Understand And Follow Directions.
Eighty Hours Departmental Training For Retrieval Of Records, Terminal Digit Order Filing System, Alphabetic Filing, And Computer Training For Hospital-Wide Information System With Medical Record Module Will Be Provided. Must Be Able To Pass Horizon Patient Folder Competency Test Once On The Job Training Is Provided.