To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Performs A Variety Of Duties To Ensure The Operating Rooms Are Clean And The Proper Materials, Equipment And Uniforms Are Available For The Operating Room.
Responsibilities: 1. Minimizes Down Time Of Or Suite By Quickly And Efficiently Replacing Soiled Items With Clean Liners, Removing Trash And Placing In Proper Receptacles. Cleans Tables, Chairs And Kick Buckets And Wet Mop Floor. Restocks Warmers With Blankets And Solutions After Each Case.
2. Cleans And Ensure Or Has Adequate Supplies Including But Not Limited To Maintenance Of Linen Supplies In The Or And Recovery Room. Keeps All Closets Neat And Orderly To Ensure Staff Can Obtain Items Quickly When Needed.
3. Responds To Staff Requests For Equipment And/Or Materials In A Timely Manner.
4. Notifies The Manager, Clinical Coordinator Or Charge Nurse Of Any Defects Or Shortages In Supplies Or Equipment.
5. Provides Assistance With Positioning And Lifting Patients.
6. Assembles O.R. Packs Which Includes Two O.R. Sheets,Two White Trash Bags, And One Red Trash Bag.
7. Empty The Recovery Room Linen And Trash Prn.
8. Goes To Lab, Mammography, Pharmacy And Emergency Department To Pickup Or Deliver Specimens, Stretchers Or Pharmacy Supplies.
9. Mop Floors And Empties Trash In Mtu,Mu And Endo As Requested.
10. Sets Up The O.R. Beds As Requested For Specialized Procedures.
11. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
12. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
High School Diploma Or Equivalent.
One Year Environmental-Housekeeping Experience Preferred.
Three Months Of On The Job Training /Education Required To Learn All Aspects Of The Job.