To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Coordinates The Scheduling Of Outpatient Client Appointments In A Positive And Effective Manner.
Responsibilities: 1. Shows Courtesy, Respect And Dignity In All Customer Interactions And Shows Organizational Support
2. Maintains At All Times Patient Privacy And Confidentiality.
3. Obtains Necessary Documentation For Insurance And Pre-Certification. Stays Current And Demonstrates A Working Knowledge Of Existing Insurance Requirements.
4. Performs All Tasks Related To Operations In Scheduling Office As Needed To Ensure Efficient Office Operations.
5. Sets Up, Organizes And Maintains Ongoing Systems, Ie. Files, Reports, Record Keeping Systems To Ensure Efficient Operations.
6. Completes Activities Within Assigned Time Frames.
7. Exhibits Ability To Prioritize Activities.
8. Consistently Communicates With Service Departments To Meet The ?Out Of The Norm? Needs For Patients And Requesting Physicians.
9. When Required, Assists Other Staff Members During Peak Times.
10. Has Knowledge Of Procedures Performed In All Departments Supported By The Radiology Scheduling Service.
11. Accurately Schedules Single/Multiple Procedures Requested For An Individual Patient As Specified By Department Requirements.
12. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Serviced, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
13. Provides Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operations Of The Department.
14. Population Served 15. Newborn (Birth ? 1)
16. Pediatric (1 ? 12)
17. Adolescent (13 ? 18)
18. Adult (19 ? 64)
19. Geriatric (65yrs +)
21. Not Applicable
High School Diploma Required/Associate?S Degree With Medical Terminology Preferred.
One To Three (1-3) Years Experience In A Medical Setting; Medical Terminology, Computer/Keyboarding Experience; Scheduling And/Or Registration Experience Required.
Excellent Proven Communication Skills For Physician, Patient, Employee And Managerial Interaction. Ability To Use Independent Judgment With Minimum Supervision.
Operations Of Computers Utilizing Meditech And An Array Of Scheduling Systems (How To Schedule/Cancel/Edit/Print Cases); Voice Mail, Phone, Fax, Printer, Copier, Medical Terminology, On-The-Job Training.