To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Works Under The Supervision Of The Nurse Manager. The Registered Nurse (Rn) Assesses, Plans, Implements, Evaluates And Supervises Individual Patient Care On A Nursing Unit/Department According To Unit Policies And Procedures. Provides Supervision Of Non-Rn Personnel On The Assigned Unit. When Assuming The Charge Role, Delegates And Supervises Unit Activities. May Be Required To Work On Other Nursing Units According To Distribution Of Staff And Patients. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Requested In Order To Maintain A High Level Of Service.
Responsibilities: 1. Assesses The Patient?S Physical And Psychosocial Condition On An Ongoing Basis Throughout The Dialysis Treatment
2. Develops, Communicates And Documents A Plan Of Care Related To The Patients Acute Dialysis Schedule, And Response To The Immediate Dialysis Treatment
3. Implements And Coordinates This Plan Of Care In Collaboration With The Nephrologist On Call.
4. Evaluates The Effectiveness Of The Dialysis Treatment, Patient?S Response To Treatment, And Readiness For Patient And Family. Provides Educational Opportunities And Documents Outcomes.
5. Plans For Education After Assessing The Individual Learning Needs And Readiness Of The Patient And Family. Provides Educational Opportunities And Documents Outcomes.
6. Functions As A Preceptor To New Staff.
7. Functions As A Charge Nurse.
8. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
9. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
10. Demonstrates Knowledge Of The Standards Of Care Associated In The Care Of The Patient During An Acute Dialysis Treatment.
11. Demonstrates Skill And Knowledge Of Procedures And Protocols Associated With The Performing Acute Dialysis On Any Renal Patient Regardless Of Level Of Care And Co-Morbid Status.
12. Demonstrates Skill And Knowledge In The Arrhythmia Interpretation And Appropriate Interventions.
13. Demonstrates Skill And Knowledge To Perform Phoresis
14. Demonstrates Skill And Knowledge Of Procedures And Protocols Associated With Defibrillation, Cardioversion And The Care Of Patients Utilizing External And Temporary Pacemakers.
15. Demonstrates Skill And Knowledge Of Procedures And Protocols Associated With The Care Of Patients Needing Peritoneal Dialysis
16. Demonstrates Skill And Knowledge Of Procedures And Protocols Associated In The Initiating And Maintaining Intravenous Therapy Of Critical Care Patients.
Graduate Of An Accredited School Of Nursing; Bsn Preferred. Proficient In Use Of Computer Software To Include Electronic Patient Records. Must Have Ability To Use Internet For Literature Searches Regarding Care For Patients.
Med Surg Experience Preferred. Previous Experience With Renal Patients Required.
Valid State Of Connecticut Registered Nurse License
Acls And Bls Required
Hospital And Unit-Based Orientation Provided