To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under General Supervision Of Manager The Incumbent Assists With The Facilitation Of Daily Operations And The Creation Of Process Innovations And Improvements. Supports Manager, Staff And Radiologist. Assist In The Maintenance Of The Tracking, Monitoring And Goals And Objectives For The Mammography Quality Control, Quality Assurance Program, Medical Tracking And Auditing As Set Forth Per The Fda, Mqsa (Mammography Quality Standards Act), Acr (American College Of Radiology) And Hospital Regulations.
Responsibilities: 1. Performs All Functions As Staff Qc Mammographer, Interventional Mammographer. And Breast Specialist. 2. Assists Manager In Being A Resource For Technical And Secretarial Staff. Assists Manager With Breast Imaging Staff Scheduling (Technologists And Secretarial Staff). Is Charge Person During Manager Absences.
3. Is A Facilitator And Coordinator Of Patient Flow In The Mammography Suite, Stereotactic Room And Breast Ultrasound Room
4. Research & Resolve Issues For & From Doctor?S Offices, Radiologists, Transcription And Billing
5. Assists Secretarial Staff In The Daily Research & Resolve Exams Still In Order Status And Unread Status. Monitors Pacs For Callbacks, Unread Exams, And Hanging Protocols. Perform Weekly Audit On All Un-Read Mammography & Perform Or Delegate To Secretarial Staff A Physical Search.
6. Assists In Maintaining Continuous Follow-Up And Documentation On All Abnormal Breast Imaging Exams For 1 Year Of Original Exam Date I.E Birads 3,4,5, Ou, Om, Omri As Per Medical Audit Requirments
7. Develop Process For Management And Mailing Patient Letters As Per The Fda Requirements
8. Oversees The Mailing / Fax Correspondence As Pertaining To Unresolved Cases To Physicians
9. Provide Physician Referral Report Every Month
10. Maintain Interventional Breast Biopsy Database With Interpretation Of Pathology
11. Assist In Collection Of Statistical Data For Statistical Analysis, And Presentation
12. Monitors Mammographer And Radiologist Callback Rates And Informs Manager When Corrective Action Is Needed. Oversees, Coordinates And Keeps Manager Informed Of Qc/Qa At Each Of The Sites
13. Maintains Daily Communication With Manager And Provides Outcomes To Manager On Monthly Basis
14. Assists Manager In Working Closely With Pacs Administrator For Resolution Of Issues 15. Work Directly With Pacs Assistants On Process Creation, Training And Implementation.
16. Discuss And Oversee Need For Callback Appointments With Patients With Clinical Knowledge And Explanation
17. Oversees The Booking Of Emergency Add-On Patients I.E.? Mammography/Breast U/S Combo Appointments
18. Monitor Ris Schedule To Reflect Operational Needs I.E. Holiday, Maintenance, Annual Physicist Visit
19. Provide Assistance In The Development In Goals And Objectives In The Qc/Qa Program
20. Oversee Implementation Of Qa/Qc Policies And Procedures
21. Provide Trouble Shooting Assistance To Staff With Quality Control Issues
22. Bring Quality Concerns To Manager And Present At Staff Meeting. Participate In Staff Meeting.
23. Assist In Mqsa/Fda Inspections At All Sites
24. Assist In Maintaining Acr Re-Accreditation All Sites And Stereotactic. 25. Assist In Implementation And Maintenance Of Acr Breast Ultrasound Accreditation Per Hospital Goal To Maintain ?Breast Imaging Center Of Excellence?
26. Assist In Maintaining Preventative Maintenance Schedule And Oversee Physicist?S Annual Mqsa Assessments At Each Site
27. Keep Up To Date With Medicare Guidelines And Coding Issues
28. Assist In Maintenance Of Full Field Digital Program As Per Msqa Standards
29. Ensure And Monitor Federal And Hospital Quality Standards
30. Work Directly With ?Cbccedp? Program
31. Assist In Selection And Maintenance Of Mammography Reporting System In Accordance With Mqsa Requirements
32. Participate In Outreach Programs And Breast Task Force Team With Manager
33. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
34. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
35. Ultrasound Specific
36. Perform Breast Ultrasound Exams Ordered By Physician, Under The Supervisor Of The Radiologist
37. Assist Radiologist Or Clinicians During Imaging And Interventional Procedures
38. Must Be Competent In Breast Sonography And Mammogram Correlation
39. Aid In Procuring, Ordering, Storing, And Maintaining Equipment And Supplies
40. Responsible For The Well Being Of Patients While They Are In The Breast Room. Provide Reassurance And Comfort As Required
41. Facilitate Patient Flow
42. Responsible For Cleanliness And Neatness Of Breast Room
43. Aids In Administrative Detail Of This Section. I.E. Scheduling Pm?S, Quality Control, Network Issues, Equipment Safety
44. Participates In Training Co-Workers/Students
45. Prepares And Maintains Accurate Records As Directed To Ensure Correct, Appropriate And Timely Patient Information In Accordance With Acr Guidelines.
46. Utilize Critical Thinking Skills In All Situations I.E. Troubleshooting, Equipment, Network Failure Etc?
47. Maintain Continuing Education For Breast Sonography
2-4 Yr Arrt Approved School Arrt(R)(M)(Qm)(Bs) Required, Formal Breast Ultrasound Education
2-4 Years Mammography, Qc/Qa Experience, Charge Experience Recommended ,Arrt Requirements Of 200 Clinical Breast Exams, 10 Interventional Breast Procedures
Must Maintain Mammography And Qm, Bs Credentials Under Mqsa.Arrt, State Of Connecticut Licensure
Strong Interpersonal, Communication, And Organizational Skills
Arrt (Bs) Advanced Cert. Or Ardms. Ardms Breast Certification Preferred.